emily897
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m writing an essay on the dangers of knowledge in Frankenstein for my A Level English Lit coursework- the focus being on the idea it is not just power that corrupts but knowledge too. If anyone has any unique points or could offer any help with this I’d be very grateful.

Thank you )
Em395
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I've literally just finished an A level on Frankenstein

Creation of the monster/ Victor's desire for knowledge led to his getting rid of female's in reproduction resulting in the monster's murder spree
The Monster's education/ learning via mimicking the Delacey's led to him destroying their house due to their rejection of him and this stems his belief that human beings are despicable - link to "but rather I am a fallen angel" too
Monster's meetings with Victor are due to him wanting to understand, also, why he was abandoned
Warnings of the future - end of the novel when Frankenstein dies as it is a warning also of knowledge as his desire of power/ knowledge resulted in his death (Warning to Walton - his doppelganger who gives up on his search for glory)
Setting of Arctic - desolate, foreboding Victor's arrival and sinister - wants to tame nature. Ironic. Could be symbolic of Men vs Female conflict as nature is tended to be called 'Mother Nature'. Setting= Walton pursues knowledge. Warning to reader: Mary Shelley feared increased Industrialisation during the 1800s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (64)
32.82%
Yes - a trusted person (54)
27.69%
No (52)
26.67%
I'm not sure (25)
12.82%

Watched Threads