Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am starting a-levels next year and I am predicted high grades at gcse and hope to do the same at a-level.

I have been looking at Warwick, York and UEA. I know Warwick is a reputable university for economics however i prefer the campus/nightlife at the Uni of East Anglia. Is an economics degree reputable at UEA? Also the entry requirements are ABB - does that demonstrate it is a bad uni as somewhere like warwick would need A*AA?
Last edited by 1604; 2 months ago
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
University of East Anglia
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 1604)
I am starting a-levels next year and I am predicted high grades at gcse and hope to do the same at a-level.

I have been looking at Warwick, York and UEA. I know Warwick is a reputable university for economics however i prefer the campus/nightlife at the Uni of East Anglia. Is an economics degree reputable at UEA? Also the entry requirements are ABB - does that demonstrate it is a bad uni as somewhere like warwick would need A*AA?
Hi 1604,

Those are three great Universities that you are considering.

Have you been to visit us on a UEA Open Day? We have some coming up and this might give you a feel of whether UEA is right for you!

UEA’s Economics department is ranked Top 10 for Economics (Guardian League Table 2020) and Top 10 for Overall Student Satisfaction in Economics (NSS 2019). It is the only Economics department to be ranked top 10 in both of these measures. It’s also Top 10 for Research Outputs in Economics and Econometrics (Research Excellence Framework, REF 2014).

I recently graduated from the School of Economics at UEA and I can genuinely say I found all of the staff so helpful, the modules rigorous and the assessment varied and engaging.

Ultimately it just comes down to where feels best for you. You have lots of time to research all the Universities that you have listed!

If you have any other questions, do let me know.

Emilie – Official UEA TSR Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (17)
7.33%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (130)
56.03%
No (85)
36.64%

Watched Threads