AdamGrey101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all, I was wondering which are the best universities for an undergraduate degree in Robotics in the UK? Currently I'm thinking of:

Bath (Robotics Engineering)

Leeds (Mechatronics and Robotics)

Manchester (Mechatronics)

Sheffield (Mechatronics and Robotic Engineering)

Southampton (Mechatronic Engineering)

Also any ideas on what the main differences are between mechatronics and robotics? Looking at the course structures they seem to be very similar courses.
AdamGrey101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
bump
WilliamGoefron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, Im at sheffield doing mechatronics and robotics, and its one of the best in the country for it i can say that. Im going into 3rd year and i remember when i was picking my unis i had the same options as you . Ill be honest the course is extremely broad, theres a bit of control systems theory, bit of electrical, bit of mechanical, bit of software developement, bit of signal processing and combining all of them togeather working with things like arduinos to build things.
john_iqbal786
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AdamGrey101)
Hi all, I was wondering which are the best universities for an undergraduate degree in Robotics in the UK? Currently I'm thinking of:

Also any ideas on what the main differences are between mechatronics and robotics? Looking at the course structures they seem to be very similar courses.
I'm currently in the same boat as you. What university did you end up choosing? I'm currently torn between leeds and manchester
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AdamGrey101)

You should also look at Oxford Brookes - their department has appeared on TV as its so good.

https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/un...ineering-beng/

https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/un...uate/robotics/
v1ctorvoorh33s
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What did you end up choosing? For me, apart from the obvious Imperial, it would be UWE Bristol and Sheffield (and Bristol if you are doing MSc), followed by Southampton, Bath, and Brookes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (183)
58.65%
I don't have everything I need (129)
41.35%

Watched Threads