Turn on thread page Beta

IT Certification - Where to start with them? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of looking into getting some IT certificates over the summer, but I'm not really too sure how to go about it. So I'm wondering if anyone here has done any and can give me some tips on which one's to look at and where to start. Any help would be great

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to go on a course, if that's what you're asking. It's perfectly feasible to teach yourself, given the amount of online materials now available.

What are you thinking of, because if you're going along the lines of RHCE, there's plenty of online materials available to you for free that will prepare you very well for the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terryw)
    I would personally go for this one:
    http://www.skillstrainuk.com/?utm_so...rainUK_Generic

Also, google would help hugely is this, cos there are so many courses. It also depends what type of IT course you wana do, be it Microsoft, Animation etc
    Good Luck though.
    I want to get some certificates in Microsoft soon.

A bit off topic but I agree with you on your picture in your spoiler.

ReputationRep:
    My problem isn't really how to do them, but more which one to do. I'll be teaching my self, that's not going to be a problem. It's a case of there are so many different ones out there that I could do, I'm wondering what other people have done or are looking at. I'm thinking of going towards networking, but I know I should get the basic ones first.

ReputationRep:
    Clait = Crap

ReputationRep:
    ;] i am looking at getting these ones in the near future: CCDA, CCNA, CCENT.
    and possibly more linux ones

(i wanna be a linux/unix administrator or a network administrator/manager)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimi3013)
    My problem isn't really how to do them, but more which one to do. I'll be teaching my self, that's not going to be a problem. It's a case of there are so many different ones out there that I could do, I'm wondering what other people have done or are looking at. I'm thinking of going towards networking, but I know I should get the basic ones first.
    If you're interested in networking, you'll might want to be eventually working towards a Cisco qualification.

ReputationRep:
    CCNA is good I had fun with it final exam was better than expected!

But yes, its all down to which direction you want If its networking, Cisco it is

Have you had a look through their website?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.