2020 Teach First Official Applicants Thread Watch

arco1989
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I will technically be fresh out of uni but I’m 30 and a career changer. I’m also a mum of 3. Very excited but very nervous
(Original post by FolkPixie)
Hi Everyone!
I have my development centre day on 29th July! Getting a bit nervous, but doing as much prep as I can!
I'm hoping to teach primary in Yorkshire & Humber...

Out of interest is everyone fresh out of uni or is it a career change for you? I've been a full time mum for the last 3 years and it's been 5 years since I graduated from my MA so Im especially nervous about putting myself back out there!
Becky x
FolkPixie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aww exciting! Best of luck! x
(Original post by arco1989)
I will technically be fresh out of uni but I’m 30 and a career changer. I’m also a mum of 3. Very excited but very nervous
shaunagabrielaaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bean32)
I applied for Religious Education in London/North West. shaunagabrielaaahow long between your application and hearing about your assessment centre?
Hi,
I got my email about the assessment centre 6 working days after submitting my application
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied on the Wednesday and got the email for the assessment centre the following Friday.
FolkPixie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just had my phone call with teach first recruitment team...she was lovely!

For anyone worrying about which areas you could be placed in if successful (it was a big concern of mine as i have a step-son and we need to be in the area for him) she reassured me that if you've noted extenuated circumstances on your application form, they'll ensure you'll be assigned to that region and if you get a conditional offer, you get a form to film in where you can indicate how far you're able to commute and other personal information like childcare requirements...

Eek...i've just over a week until my selection day! x
zeellis
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Zoe, I'm Zoe too! I'm going to the assessment centre on the same day as you, mine starts at 9:45. Got my fingers crossed for primary in the East Midlands
Hi Zoe! Awesome mine starts at the same time! will definitely be seeing you there! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
HannahJaye
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,I did an assessment centre on the 18th July, were you at that day by any chance?
HannahJaye
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I attended the July 18th Development Centre Day, were you at that one by any chance?
bean32
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I also have a question: how far in advance did you get your lesson topics?
FolkPixie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
7 days before....I have my assesment centre on Monday currently desperately trying to shave it down to 7 minutes!

(Original post by bean32)
I also have a question: how far in advance did you get your lesson topics?
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Let us know how you found the assessment centre. Still 2.5wks til mine. Looking forward to getting my lesson info so I can get started
FolkPixie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
will do I'm quite looking forward to it now, more nervous about travelling & the logistics of it!
I used my time before this week to really swot up on the competencies and on Teach First....planning the lesson and refining it to be only 7 minutes has taken me much longer than i thought (though i don't have much spare time to do it) so im glad i prepared as much as i could before x
Let us know how you found the assessment centre. Still 2.5wks til mine. Looking forward to getting my lesson info so I can get started
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What lesson are you teaching in your 7 mins?
TNagle
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just got my provisional offer to teach maths in the East of England. Has anyone else had their offer yet?
zeellis
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Could anyone tell me approximately when the day at the development centre will finish? I need to know for booking travel back home
laurenjade24
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by zeellis)
Could anyone tell me approximately when the day at the development centre will finish? I need to know for booking travel back home
It depends on what time you’ll teach your 7 minute lesson, but if I remember correctly it was all wrapped up at around 5pm, but you could finish earlier 😊
zeellis
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by laurenjade24)
It depends on what time you’ll teach your 7 minute lesson, but if I remember correctly it was all wrapped up at around 5pm, but you could finish earlier 😊
That's great, thank you so much!
student342
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi I have applied yesterday to teach primary in the north west. 10 days count down begins...
sophie_ventures
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anybody heard back quicker than the 10 working days/2 weeks after the development centre? I had mine on July 30th and i’m so nervous to hear back already, not sure how i’ll last another 10 days!
TNagle
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sophie_ventures)
Has anybody heard back quicker than the 10 working days/2 weeks after the development centre? I had mine on July 30th and i’m so nervous to hear back already, not sure how i’ll last another 10 days!
I heard back within 9 days. I emailed my recruitment officer after 8 days to ask when I might hear back as I needed to know for work. They should be able to give you some indication.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%
Putting on a brave face (224)
13.67%
Impatient (207)
12.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise