zeellis
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by arco1989)
How are you getting on with your lesson plan?
I think I'm pretty much done to be honest. I just need to practise it a few more times over the weekend. what about you?
arco1989
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Fab well done. I’ve finally decided how I’m approaching the lesson and have put together all of my visuals. Now I just need to get practicing. Luckily I have kids so they can be my guinea pigs 😂
zeellis
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Fab well done. I’ve finally decided how I’m approaching the lesson and have put together all of my visuals. Now I just need to get practicing. Luckily I have kids so they can be my guinea pigs 😂
That's great! I'm practising on my brother and sister because they're the right age 😂😂😂
Hanjipan55
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi all! Offer for Secondary English in the South West - I'm so excited! Currently in Cardiff, so hopefully won't have to move *too* far away
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Hanjipan55)
Hi all! Offer for Secondary English in the South West - I'm so excited! Currently in Cardiff, so hopefully won't have to move *too* far away
Congrats! When was your assessment centre?
Hanjipan55
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Congrats! When was your assessment centre?
July 22nd. Then I got my offer email August 2nd - longest two weeks ever!
Del<3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by sophie_ventures)
Anybody seen the rebranding thing they just sent out? Not sure how I feel about the change of programme name - Leadership Development Programme was so well known and I feel like Teach First Training just sounds a bit crap in comparison!
I quite like it, but I'll be honest I phoned up because that line about the rebranding not changing your offer made me get my hopes and think maybe I had an offer😂 ofc it was just a mass email 😂😂
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I had my assessment centre yesterday. It was a crazy day! But I’m glad it’s done and I’ve just got to wait now. Hopefully it won’t be the full 2 weeks but il just try put it to the back of my mind. Good luck everyone.
zeellis
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I had my assessment centre yesterday. It was a crazy day! But I’m glad it’s done and I’ve just got to wait now. Hopefully it won’t be the full 2 weeks but il just try put it to the back of my mind. Good luck everyone.
I'm honestly still exhausted from it. I'm sure you did amazing, and I really hope you get an offer!!!
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by zeellis)
I'm honestly still exhausted from it. I'm sure you did amazing, and I really hope you get an offer!!!
And I hope you get an offer too, you definitely impressed me.

I'm definitely exhausted but I'm far more relaxed now. I don't think any of us were perfect but hopefully we have done enough to get an offer. Day 1 of the 2 week wait....
zeellis
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
And I hope you get an offer too, you definitely impressed me.

I'm definitely exhausted but I'm far more relaxed now. I don't think any of us were perfect but hopefully we have done enough to get an offer. Day 1 of the 2 week wait....
Fingers crossed for both of us! I'm feeling better about it now as well. I think everyone had similar issues, which I guess means either we all did okay or we all sucked, haha! I know - it's going to be such a drag haha
laurenjade24
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
arco1989 zeellis hopefully you’ll both hear back swiftly with an offer! I hope yesterday went well for the pair of you 😊
zeellis
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by laurenjade24)
arco1989 zeellis hopefully you’ll both hear back swiftly with an offer! I hope yesterday went well for the pair of you 😊
Thank you so much, lovely! I'm feeling a lot better about it now that I'm back home
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
24hrs ago I was going my lesson! Crazy
mashpole
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi! I got an offer today for Secondary Geography in the North West, my assessment was on 06/08

edit: this was supposed to be a reply to someone else but feel free to reply if you also got an offer for North West geog!
Last edited by mashpole; 11 months ago
zeellis
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by mashpole)
Hi! I got an offer today for Secondary Geography in the North West, my assessment was on 06/08

edit: this was supposed to be a reply to someone else but feel free to reply if you also got an offer for North West geog!
Congratulations! You heard back quickly. I'm hoping for North West Biology, but only had my development centre yesterday, so I won't be hearing for a while yet!
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I’ve got my fingers crossed we know by the end of next week 🤞🏻
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by mashpole)

Well done on your offer. You must be over the moon. Did they ring you or email? That’s 8 days so fingers crossed we won’t have to wait the full 14 days either
Passionprimary
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I was also offered a place yesterday via telephone (1week /5 working days after the AC). However I am disappointed I applied for primary and I was offered secondary. I guess the primary places have been offered out already. Which is so disappointing as it said there were vacancies available when I booked my assessment centre. I have no plans to teach secondary (or train and swop at a later date). It is my absolute dream to teach primary, i feel crushed, like the opportunity have been given to me then snatched away at the same time 😢
Last edited by Passionprimary; 11 months ago
AnaGe
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Got my offer to teach Geography in London! Good luck everyone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (112)
38.23%
Take autumn exams (92)
31.4%
Look for a job (9)
3.07%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
3.07%
Take a year out (51)
17.41%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
6.83%

Watched Threads