2020 Teach First Official Applicants Thread Watch

arco1989
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well done those who have got through and I’m sorry to hear about those who didn’t.

I had my call with my advisor and she really helped me decide which lesson to go for.
FolkPixie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by hjones1993)
I'm sorry you didn't get a spot, did they tell you via email or over the phone? Did it take them long to get back to you? Thanks!
Via email....found out a week after. They do seem very efficient with everything....I got given an email to request feedback which I've done and I've been given a time for when they're going to call me x
hjones1993
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks for your help!
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by zeellis)
How are you feeling about the topics?
How are you getting on with your lesson plan?
zeellis
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by arco1989)
How are you getting on with your lesson plan?
I think I'm pretty much done to be honest. I just need to practise it a few more times over the weekend. what about you?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Fab well done. I’ve finally decided how I’m approaching the lesson and have put together all of my visuals. Now I just need to get practicing. Luckily I have kids so they can be my guinea pigs 😂
zeellis
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Fab well done. I’ve finally decided how I’m approaching the lesson and have put together all of my visuals. Now I just need to get practicing. Luckily I have kids so they can be my guinea pigs 😂
That's great! I'm practising on my brother and sister because they're the right age 😂😂😂
Hanjipan55
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi all! Offer for Secondary English in the South West - I'm so excited! Currently in Cardiff, so hopefully won't have to move *too* far away
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hanjipan55)
Hi all! Offer for Secondary English in the South West - I'm so excited! Currently in Cardiff, so hopefully won't have to move *too* far away
Congrats! When was your assessment centre?
Hanjipan55
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Congrats! When was your assessment centre?
July 22nd. Then I got my offer email August 2nd - longest two weeks ever!
sophie_ventures
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anybody seen the rebranding thing they just sent out? Not sure how I feel about the change of programme name - Leadership Development Programme was so well known and I feel like Teach First Training just sounds a bit crap in comparison!
Del<3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sophie_ventures)
Anybody seen the rebranding thing they just sent out? Not sure how I feel about the change of programme name - Leadership Development Programme was so well known and I feel like Teach First Training just sounds a bit crap in comparison!
I quite like it, but I'll be honest I phoned up because that line about the rebranding not changing your offer made me get my hopes and think maybe I had an offer😂 ofc it was just a mass email 😂😂
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had my assessment centre yesterday. It was a crazy day! But I’m glad it’s done and I’ve just got to wait now. Hopefully it won’t be the full 2 weeks but il just try put it to the back of my mind. Good luck everyone.
zeellis
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had my assessment centre yesterday. It was a crazy day! But I’m glad it’s done and I’ve just got to wait now. Hopefully it won’t be the full 2 weeks but il just try put it to the back of my mind. Good luck everyone.
I'm honestly still exhausted from it. I'm sure you did amazing, and I really hope you get an offer!!!
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by zeellis)
I'm honestly still exhausted from it. I'm sure you did amazing, and I really hope you get an offer!!!
And I hope you get an offer too, you definitely impressed me.

I'm definitely exhausted but I'm far more relaxed now. I don't think any of us were perfect but hopefully we have done enough to get an offer. Day 1 of the 2 week wait....
zeellis
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
And I hope you get an offer too, you definitely impressed me.

I'm definitely exhausted but I'm far more relaxed now. I don't think any of us were perfect but hopefully we have done enough to get an offer. Day 1 of the 2 week wait....
Fingers crossed for both of us! I'm feeling better about it now as well. I think everyone had similar issues, which I guess means either we all did okay or we all sucked, haha! I know - it's going to be such a drag haha
laurenjade24
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
arco1989 zeellis hopefully you’ll both hear back swiftly with an offer! I hope yesterday went well for the pair of you 😊
zeellis
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by laurenjade24)
arco1989 zeellis hopefully you’ll both hear back swiftly with an offer! I hope yesterday went well for the pair of you 😊
Thank you so much, lovely! I'm feeling a lot better about it now that I'm back home
arco1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
24hrs ago I was going my lesson! Crazy
mashpole
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi! I got an offer today for Secondary Geography in the North West, my assessment was on 06/08

edit: this was supposed to be a reply to someone else but feel free to reply if you also got an offer for North West geog!
Last edited by mashpole; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%