Turn on thread page Beta

Hello all,

Would be helpful to be kept anonymous, as some of the people I know use this site from time to time.

Basically, there was this girl at university I met, and she knew pretty damn quickly I liked her. This never really developed into anything, but we spent a lot of time together. An awful lot. People in my block assumed we were a couple because of the amount of time we spent together.

The girl in quesiton never complained about the attention, I mean, of course she wouldn't.

Since uni, we've moved our seperate ways and are a substantial distance from each other, we see each other fairly regularly, and this might be part of the problem.

She cannot decide apparently what she feels about me, which is confusing. She's never ruled out a relationship, but because of the distance issue, is not willing to give a relationship a go. Were we to be in the same place, she might be tempted.

However, I'm not willing to give up everything in favour of her. Some extra circumstances mean that not's a clear cut as that either.

I can't decide whether she's dicking me about or not. We've been friends for a few years now, and my feelings aren't going away.

Help.

ReputationRep:
    Ask her straight up about it. Tell her exactly how you feel and that you really want to make a go of it. If she liked you enough distance wouldn't be an issue. Then at least you'll know for certain

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.