Apprenticeship Experiance Watch

AnatolCooper
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am thinking of doing an apprenticeship but am wondering if I will be able to keep up with the studies and the work.
Those of you who have done an apprenticeship what was your experience? Did you have any pressure in keeping up with the studying and working?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AnatolCooper)
I am thinking of doing an apprenticeship but am wondering if I will be able to keep up with the studies and the work.
Those of you who have done an apprenticeship what was your experience? Did you have any pressure in keeping up with the studying and working?
Hey, sorry you've not had any replies to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon! brainzistheword might be able to help out with an answer too
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AnatolCooper)
So sorry for the delay!!

What sort of apprenticeships are you looking at? I'm currently on an advanced scheme and through that I've completed a BTEC Level 3 and am currently doing a HNC alongside working.

I'd say the workload is definitely manageable but there can be times where lots of things happen at once. For example, you might have an important meeting to prep for at work, but your tutors decide to issue quite a few assignments too! I wouldn't worry about that though, as it soon passes and as long as there is a good support network on your apprenticeship, there will always be someone to help if you're feeling swamped.

In my personal experience, I've really enjoyed balancing study with work because the way I see it, I've completed a BTEC doing 1 day a week compared to college students who may spend 3-4 days a week on the course. The rest of my time has been spent building my competence in the workplace, so it's definitely been worth it.

If you have a specific apprenticeship in mind, it would be worth having a look at the course you would study to see how people have found it - both full time and part time

Best of luck in whatever you decide and if you want to use me as a sounding board, please feel free!

Thanks shadowdweller!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (110)
58.51%
No (78)
41.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise