The Student Room Group

Unusual interview process for a part time job?

So I’ve got an interview for WHSmith and I’m a bit confused. I’m sure he said over the phone when I was called about the interview to go into ANY local WHSmith and ask for ‘His Name’ at a certain time and day. I’m assuming he’s the area manager and it will be a phone interview, however this does seem a bit weird. Have I misheard? Anyone had a similar experience at WHSmith or another company? Kicking myself for not double checking over the phone but really don’t want to call back to make sure I heard right (and make myself look like an idiot) unless I have to.
Original post by HanHisi
So I’ve got an interview for WHSmith and I’m a bit confused. I’m sure he said over the phone when I was called about the interview to go into ANY local WHSmith and ask for ‘His Name’ at a certain time and day. I’m assuming he’s the area manager and it will be a phone interview, however this does seem a bit weird. Have I misheard? Anyone had a similar experience at WHSmith or another company? Kicking myself for not double checking over the phone but really don’t want to call back to make sure I heard right (and make myself look like an idiot) unless I have to.

It does sound a little strange - I can't imagine why you'd need to go in-store if it's a telephone interview! Did you apply online? If so, has anything been updated on your application regarding this?
Original post by shadowdweller
It does sound a little strange - I can't imagine why you'd need to go in-store if it's a telephone interview! Did you apply online? If so, has anything been updated on your application regarding this?

I agree.
Id phone back to check the details.

Quick Reply

Latest