Strange accent

Watch
depressedteen121
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Ok so I was born and raised in Northern Ireland but my parents moved to New castle (England) when I was 11 and my accent is actually the weirdest... you don't meet many northern Irish Geordies.. So I was wondering what's the weirdest and most unusual accent you have heard?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
i've been to stoke
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Do you sound Australian, by chance?
depressedteen121
Rep:
?
I don't think so. Just imagine a female version of ant and dec combined with someone from northern Ireland with a strong accent
(Original post by Notoriety)
Do you sound Australian, by chance?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
it could be worse.... you could of been to Sunderland

:teehee:
hewgcrusty
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
true, sunlun is a proper ****hole (boro is even worse though)
(Original post by the bear)
it could be worse.... you could of been to Sunderland

:teehee:
depressedteen121
Rep:
?
To be honest it's not my accent I hate it's more the fact that the Irish language is different to the English so I need to reword everything I say or repeat everything so people know what I'm saying
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by depressedteen121)
To be honest it's not my accent I hate it's more the fact that the Irish language is different to the English so I need to reword everything I say or repeat everything so people know what I'm saying
How do you mean? My best mate is from Donegal and he's not bothered rewording anything for years :laugh:
scott125
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You can often tell when an English person has stayed in Scotland for a while , the main accent is still English but theres 10 percent scottisness
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by scott125)
You can often tell when an English person has stayed in Scotland for a while , the main accent is still English but theres 10 percent scottisness
Ayew my cousin had lived there just over a year and you'd never have known he was from Liverpool. The ******.
depressedteen121
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
How do you mean? My best mate is from Donegal and he's not bothered rewording anything for years :laugh:
In school it's more difficult tho tbh
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by depressedteen121)
In school it's more difficult tho tbh
Ach, I see what you mean now!
dsmith23
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
My uncle is a geordie but moved to Australia in his 20s. He sounds mostly Australian but every now and then he goes a bit geordie and it does sound pretty funny.
Themysticalegg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Defo Northern Ireland, had a job interview in Belfast and I honestly couldn’t understand 75% of what people were saying.
depressedteen121
Rep:
?
Aye, it does sound as if it's funny when his true Geordie comes out to play
(Original post by dsmith23)
My uncle is a geordie but moved to Australia in his 20s. He sounds mostly Australian but every now and then he goes a bit geordie and it does sound pretty funny.
rimstone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I lived with someone from burnley once, His accent was so strong and strange ( nothing like anything ive heard then and since ), i honestly didn't think he was speaking english to me or was from england... I spent most the year, barely understanding anything he said. ( his accent was STRONG, he had a deep voice, and Coughed and Hmmm'ed/made noise mid speech a lot = Not english for me. everyone else from the north of england understood him like he was speaking english, for me he was speaking klingon )

First meeting went: ***couldn't understand his name ***
where are you from ?
Burnley
Burma ?
burnley
burma??
burnley
Friend interject... burnley. The people around me hasdto pretty my dicepher what he said to me the first 3 weeks of living together.

Great guy, but the thick burnley accent, to a londoner, isnt even understandable .
Last edited by rimstone; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (236)
60.82%
No (81)
20.88%
Not sure (71)
18.3%

Watched Threads