arronlemark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is there a limit to funding that one can receive from SFE? (years/amount)

I currently hold a four-year degree from the University of Edinburgh and have been fully funded by SFE for this degree (Loan type 2).
I have one previous year of funding from a course in 2012 (Loan type 1).
I plan to take out a Postgraduate Loan to study a master's degree in Psychology.

Hypothetically, could I go on to then study an Allied Healthcare Course for 2 years as an MSc and receive, once again, undergraduate funding?
Then study a PhD and receive 4 years of funding for said degree.
Then go on to study a part-time course, in an exempt part-time course such as Computer Science, for 6 six years and receive funding?

Bringing the total amount of study to 18 years all funded?

Odd question, but possibly feasible?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes feasible. You could have another year studying a PGCE funded too.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
That sounds correct based on the information provided, however you can get up to 16 years of part time funding not 6 so it could be longer than 18 years.
Thanks, Isaac.

(Original post by arronlemark)
Is there a limit to funding that one can receive from SFE? (years/amount)

I currently hold a four-year degree from the University of Edinburgh and have been fully funded by SFE for this degree (Loan type 2).
I have one previous year of funding from a course in 2012 (Loan type 1).
I plan to take out a Postgraduate Loan to study a master's degree in Psychology.

Hypothetically, could I go on to then study an Allied Healthcare Course for 2 years as an MSc and receive, once again, undergraduate funding?
Then study a PhD and receive 4 years of funding for said degree.
Then go on to study a part-time course, in an exempt part-time course such as Computer Science, for 6 six years and receive funding?

Bringing the total amount of study to 18 years all funded?

Odd question, but possibly feasible?
arronlemark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks for the reply, Isaac.

Can I also ask; if I were to do a part-time MSc Psychology Conversion degree (two years in total) using the Postgraduate Loan starting from September 2019, could I gain undergraduate funding in September 2020 for an Allied Health Course such as Speech and Language Therapy? Meaning that I would be studying the last year of the MSc Psychology in my first year of the MSc Speech and Language Therapy and receiving funding for two different courses?

Regards,
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi,
That sounds correct based on the information provided, however you can get up to 16 years of part time funding not 6 so it could be longer than 18 years.
Thanks, Isaac.
murpo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

You can’t receive undergraduate and postgraduate funding at the same time.

Can I also ask; if I were to do a part-time MSc Psychology Conversion degree (two years in total) using the Postgraduate Loan starting from September 2019, could I gain undergraduate funding in September 2020 for an Allied Health Course such as Speech and Language Therapy? Meaning that I would be studying the last year of the MSc Psychology in my first year of the MSc Speech and Language Therapy and receiving funding for two different courses?

Regards,
Jen SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Regards,
Hi Arron,

As Murpo has correctly advised, you would be unable to receive simultaneous funding for both undergraduate and postgraduate.

Thanks, Jen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
17.74%
I'm not sure (5)
2.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (65)
34.95%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.61%
I'm not a current university student (80)
43.01%

Watched Threads