The Student Room Group

getting over someone who I'm in love with

can anyone please tell me ways to get over someone that I have fallen deeply in love with?
It takes time. It's not impossible.
I lost someone of almost 6 years back in January. He was the worst person you could ever meet, cheated on me multiple times, was generally really nasty, didn't care about me etc. He blocked me in January.

It took me a while to get over him but I managed to not think about him anymore and I've been feeling the best that I've ever felt for the past month now. He's just unblocked me too so I think he realises what he lost but he's never coming back into my life.

It will happen, things take time. Concentrate on you.
Hi, none of my business, but it might help me to give the correct advice, you don’t have to tell me, but why do you want to get over this person?
Original post by Anonymous
can anyone please tell me ways to get over someone that I have fallen deeply in love with?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
he's one of my close friends so I don't want to ruin our friendship and he's already talking to somebody so I don't want to interfere you know

Original post by confuseddddd
Hi, none of my business, but it might help me to give the correct advice, you don’t have to tell me, but why do you want to get over this person?
Ohh i see, it may seem hard at first but can get over him. Perhaps you could try to distance yourself from him
he's one of my close friends so I don't want to ruin our friendship and he's already talking to somebody so I don't want to interfere you know
Reply 5

Get busy with your life. See what you can learn from the experience. It takes time. Forgive yourself! Be kind to yourself!
Maybe if you told him how you feel with no intent if starting a relationship or interfering with his, it might bring you closure and allow you to move on. A friendship doesn’t have to be ruined by something like this, if he means that much to you anyway he’ll try and make it work out (as friends I mean) and he should also respect and understand your feelings. I’m not saying try to initiate a romance with him, but rather relive yourself of these emotions by coming clean. It’s up to him what he does with this information, but it will allow you to then move on with satisfaction.
In the Same situation now, my girlfriend broke up and now seeing a new guy only after thre months. I wish I knew the answer but what I have find the only way to distract myself for a while is get busy with work etc.
The best way to get over someone is really just to find someone else fast or just talk to someone completely random. Otherwise you keep dwelling on that one person and find yourself crying over their instagram and listening to the *****y playlist they made you drunk at 3am.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending