Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just recieved an email from the student room wishing me a happy birthday. Which is very nice and all, only it's not actually my birthday. :p:

My date-of-birth settings in my CP are set to 26/04/89 (Apr 26 1989) - my actual birthday, which I also recieved a birthday email on that date.

Oddly, my name isn't on the list of people celebrating birthdays today - makes the email even more random.

Anyone else get this or is it just me?

Sam

ReputationRep:
    They must think you are special, like the Queen or something :p:

ReputationRep:
    When it was my birthday I didn't recieve a birthday email.... I don't think.

ReputationRep:
    They sent it to the wrong person, then realised an hour and a half later

:party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    They sent it to the wrong person, then realised an hour and a half later

:party:
    :birthday: to mustard man

ReputationRep:
    They sent me two on my birthday :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i got nothing on my birthday

ReputationRep:
    It's a glitch which has been happening to a few people recently.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, this happened to me today.
    Is it anything to do with my sub expiring yesterday? (Today? What day do we count expiry from? I was a sub yesterday and now I'm not)

ReputationRep:
    I got it as well, interestingly mine is on the 29/04/89, rather close to the OP's. Perhaps it's only within a certain range?

ReputationRep:
    Could well be, actually. My birthday is 02/05/89. It's all the same year and all in roughly the same range.

Have made J aware of this, he's going to look into it and try and get it sorted

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get one on my actual birthday (last Saturday)

ReputationRep:
    Well, I got an email for my birthday, except that its not for a few days yet. I had set the date incorrectly on my profile though.

Coincidentally, I haven't been here for a very long time, on my profile it says "You last visited 33446 hours and 54 minutes ago on 21-08-2004" so it may be a nifty technique for enticing back other members too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoldyMuyo)
    Well, I got an email for my birthday, except that its not for a few days yet. I had set the date incorrectly on my profile though.

Coincidentally, I haven't been here for a very long time, on my profile it says "You last visited 33446 hours and 54 minutes ago on 21-08-2004" so it may be a nifty technique for enticing back other members too.
    so, what are you now doing 4 years on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermaphrodite)
    so, what are you now doing 4 years on?
    Well, I think I joined to ask random A-Level questions and/or comment on the exams - it was the year that someone posted Maths A-Levels questions on here before the exam, though thats not why I joined, I was a member before then.

Then I got the grades I needed had an amazing gap year, have had an amazing three years at uni since and will soon be heading into my final year and then hopefully going to the US for a graduate degree at some point.

I can't believe the kinds of questions I was asking back then, it all seems so easy now.

ReputationRep:
    got my birthday email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty_koo)
    got my birthday email
    :birthday: KK

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.