Questions about Islam AMA Watch

sleepwalker2011
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
This is a place where the people who are Muslim and non Muslim may ask what they want
Also , if you see anybody being disrespectful or inconsiderate , challenge them and pm me to sort it out
Last edited by sleepwalker2011; 3 months ago
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
1. How do you know Islam is real?
2. Have you ever had any doubts? if so, how did you get over em?
3. If you’re female, do you like wearing hijab?
4. Do you think islam is peaceful?
5. What do you think of gays, ppl who commit suicide potentially burning in hell?
6. Do you believe in jinns?
7. What do you think of sex before marriage?
8. What do you think of people who have boyfriends?
9. Do you think wearing a hijab protects you? i personally think it doesn’t. I think wearing modest clothing does but not covering of the hair so much because there’s islamaphobia so both can get attacked for what they’re wearing.
10. How would you react to your 18 year old daughter telling you she has left Islam?
Lowa14
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
1: What is the actual reason behind hijab/headscarf?
2: why should wives obey their husbands and not vica versa?
3: why does/should a woman have a guardian but the man doesn't? and why is the guardian given the power to stop or allow the woman from working, wearing what she wants, going out, studying etc?
4: whats your evidence that islam is the true religion?
5: do you think Atheists/agnostics will go to hell?
6: do you believe sharia law is better than secular/western law? would you like sharia in the west?
7: whats your favorite verse or chapter in the Quran?
8: which sect practices the true islam?
9: why is polygamy allowed? and can muslim women in china/india practice polygamy since there are more women than men there?
10: why is the punishment of leaving islam ''death''?
11: why is slavery allowed? especially sex slaves?
Last edited by Lowa14; 3 months ago
Yasmin1224
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Are you a knowledgeable scholar?
Have you memorized the whole Quran?
What is your favourite verse?
Is music really haram. What if you just listen to good music that don't talk about money, ****ing *****es and drugs. Is that still haram?
(Original post by sleepwalker2011)
This is a place where the people who are Muslim and non Muslim may ask what they want
Also , if you see anybody being disrespectful or inconsiderate , challenge them and pm me to sort it out
Last edited by Yasmin1224; 3 months ago
Talhawaseem02
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Girlfriends is Islam? - are they allowed if nothing will happen between the two
Ailurophile03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i read some where that allah knows everything u will be doing in future as it is written, than is it that persons fault if she or he commits a crime
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Who thinks making this thread was a good idea?

(Original post by sleepwalker2011)
Please edit this. Any post containing language which is disrespectful or inconsiderate should be reported.
verycoolperson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Talhawaseem02)
Girlfriends is Islam? - are they allowed if nothing will happen between the two
what do you mean by nothing happening between them? if nothing happens between them then they wouldn't even know each other, you need to elaborate

(Original post by Lowa14)
3: why does/should a woman have a guardian but the man doesn't? and why is the guardian given the power to stop or allow the woman from working, wearing what she wants, going out, studying etc?
6: do you believe sharia law is better than secular/western law? would you like sharia in the west?
9: why is polygamy allowed? and can muslim women in china/india practice polygamy since there are more women than men there?

most of these questions "why is X allowed/not allowed" has the same answer, simply due to the evidences from the Quran and the sunnah and that is why Muslims consider something lawful or unlawful
Talhawaseem02
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by verycoolperson)
most of these questions "why is X allowed/not allowed" has the same answer, simply due to the evidences from the Quran and the sunnah and that is why Muslims consider something lawful or unlawful
happen sexually
Lowa14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by verycoolperson)
How does this answer my questions? :confused:
-Quava-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The answer to all the 'why is x halal/haram' is that it states that in the Qur'aan and Sunnah and which as Muslims we choose to follow so that's how we consider something lawful and unlawful.

How does this answer my questions? :confused:
-Quava-
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You're going to regret this thread come evening
Lowa14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by -Quava-)
The answer to all the 'why is x halal/haram' is that it states that in the Qur'aan and Sunnah and which as Muslims we choose to follow so that's how we consider something lawful and unlawful.
Ok, so you just follow the quran because it says so? didn't Allah/prophet mohamed give reasons why they want you/muslims to do this and that? :confused:
Last edited by Lowa14; 3 months ago
-Quava-
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
People focus on the women when there are similar rules for men.
Just how a woman is told to wear a hijab a man is ordered to keep his beard. I don't mean these trendy beards we have going on in 2019.
The hijab and the beard are a sign of faith and modesty. That's the purpose.

In Islam there is the belief that a man has power over his wife and a wife has power of her husband but in different manners. Both husband and wife should take care of one another and make each other happy so that Allah is happy with them.
If a man is not listening to his wife, she will be unhappy and so Allah will be unhappy.

The prophets first wife and his most favorite wife was the owner of a very successful business in her time and she was very wealthy. It was this success and wealth and hard work that the Prophet admired in her.
A woman is not prevented from working and studying.
A woman is prevented from wearing what she wants because in Islam both man and woman are told to cover up.
A woman is prevented from going out when she wants because it is advised that passed a certain time in the evening it is best for Muslim men and women to stay in the house.

I personally don't look at like that.
There is no definite A+B--> C answer for anything in the way the Earth came about whether it is scientific or religious.
It's what I believe to be the truest answer.

It's best not to ask that question because we cannot answer that.

Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “A prostitute had once been forgiven. She passed by a dog panting near a well. Thirst had nearly killed him, so she took off her sock, tied it to her veil, and drew up some water. Allah forgave her for that.”

Allah is truly forgiving.

The penalties are too harsh and I don't like violence so I wouldn't like it.
If Allah is forgiving then so should we be.

I've snipped out the unnecessary bits but this what I go off-
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever removes a worldly hardship from a believer, Allah will remove one of the hardships of the Day of Resurrection from him. Whoever conceals (the fault of) a Muslim in this world, Allah will conceal him (his faults) in this world and in the Hereafter. Allah will help a person so long as he is helping his brother.”

Surah Taha <3
It narrates the story of Adam and Sheeth AS and Moses and the pharaoh

The one that follows the qur'aan and the advice given by the Prophet (PBUH.)

I really don't know why so I can't answer that and I've researched it a while ago to find no definite answer but I feel as in todays society there's not reason why a man should be in polygamous relationships.

I wouldn't know.

For me, I would never put anyone through any harm and I don't like violence.
I am not that knowledgeable to answer that question (I only began practicing like a year ago.)
I am no scholar or hafiz btw so I wouldn't say my answers are the most reliable.
verycoolperson
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Talhawaseem02)
happen sexually
we are commanded to lower our gaze and touching is prohibited, so how will you befriend a female

Mu'qal Ibn Yasar, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet [peace and blessings be upon him] said: "It is better that you be struck on your head with an iron needle than to touch a woman you are not allowed to" [Reported by al-Ruyani in his Musnad and by al-Tabarani in al-kabeer).

by al-Tabarani in al-kabeer Shaykh al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5045, that this hadeeth is saheeh

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The most correct view is that this (i.e., shaking hands with women from behind a barrier) is not allowed at all, because of the general meaning of the hadeeth, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “I do not shake hands with women;” and so as to ward off the means that may lead to evil.

Ibn Nujaym said:

It is not permissible for a man to touch a woman’s face or hands even if there is no risk of desire because it is haraam in principle and there is no necessity that would allow it.

Al-Nawawi said:

It is not permissible to touch a woman in any way.
verycoolperson
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago

what is ur definition of sharia law?
every Muslim will believe that law based upon the Quran and Sunnah is better than any other law out there, and Allah said:
"And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the disbelievers."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (40)
26.67%
No (110)
73.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed