Brendan0686
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am in NI so AS matters and is 40% of my total ALevel. However, I feel as if my exams went horrible.

Health&Social Care went alright and I hope I get an A. History on the other hand... I put my blood, sweat, and tears into revising for History, I spent so much money on a tutor and in the mock I had messed up and left out a conclusion which was worth 9%... but I still got 86% which was the highest in the class, I did another mock and got 96%. I knew the course inside and out but I feel as if the exam went horrible, but my year head told me that it is absolutely natural for me to feel that way and coming out of an exam and thinking it was good is something that she would worry about more. Drama I got an A in the performance then the exam everybody was worried about, we all learnt that we should have put the effort in earlier in the year for the exam, lesson learnt there. The exam I either aced or failed miserably, I have no idea where I stand.

My first choice for next year is to do a pathway to Veterinary Science (since I dont do appropriate ALevels) in Australia (where I have family and was born) which I can get into with 6 points, which equates to ABC/BBB at AS. I would like to do this but I worry about my AS grades which come in August 15th.

Should I worry? I tried by best this year and went up 3 grades in some subjects compared to GCSEs (old spec...) which are a lot easier. My teachers were very pleased with my work in class and it would be fair to say that I did a sufficient amount of revision.
theJoyfulGeek
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You shouldn't worry, but you should keep on revising! If you feel like your AS went badly, you should revise so you feel more confident about A2. If you got the highest in the class for History, you're doing fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (410)
67.43%
No (198)
32.57%

Watched Threads