The Student Room Group

How much it costs to get Mac Air screen repaired

My macs screen is flickering so any idea how much it costs to get the screen repaired. I bought the Mac back in January so any idea how much it costs? It’s been flickering since April now and it’s the latest model
Reply 1
Original post by joe goldberg
My macs screen is flickering so any idea how much it costs to get the screen repaired. I bought the Mac back in January so any idea how much it costs? It’s been flickering since April now and it’s the latest model

Google. Apple support.
Original post by joe goldberg

You've had it less than a year, if you bought it brand didn't new and didn't do anything to break it yourself it should be covered by Apple's warranty. Book an appointment at your local store and get them to figure out the problem.
When it's not flickering, does it display OK? Does the flickering depend on the angle of the lid? If so, it's probably the LCD cable. The cable that goes from the motherboard to the screen.

If you bought your laptop new, get it fixed under warranty. Check if it has any warranty left, anyway.
https://checkcoverage.apple.com/gb/en/

If it's an older model google / check ebay for the cost of the cable. Google to see how to replace it yourself. Or get a techie mate to replace it for you.

My girlfriend's Lenovo L450 had a flickering screen. I fixed it by removing the screen bezel, unscrewing the screen and re-seating the cable where it entered the lid. If the fault re-occurs I will replace the cable.
Did you have it fixed already? I’ve once experienced this flashing/flickering thing on my computer screen too but got it quickly fixed by this computer repairs Newcastle expert. Anyway, I can’t give you a rate for that as it can be different depending on the professional who’ll do the repairs and how much damaged your computer or laptop is. So the best thing to do about this is to directly contact a professional and ask for a quote. That way, you can also gauge if such expense is within your budget or still reasonable compared to buying a new computer.
I had MBA flickering screen in Safari on Netflix, but no flickering on Firefox

but phone apple support , as there are many macbook air problems that apple will quietly repair, if asks nicely

Quick Reply

Latest