Middlesex University international scholarships Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello everyone. I signed up a few weeks ago but this is my first thread today.

I am a former student of MDX, Dubai (MA Education-Leadership, Management and Change). I got into teaching though I wanted to study Science as there were no research degrees available in Dubai 15 years ago. I've tried to pursue Science studies ever since, working as an Early Childhood Educator to earn money. All my attempts to go for higher studies abroad were unsuccessful.

I'm in a dilemma now. I am studying BSc (Hons) Nutritional Science online with Center of Nutritional Education and Lifestyle Management (CNELM), UK. I hear I might not be able to apply for postgraduate studies if my BSc is online. I really want to avoid a situation like that. This is the only way I can get into Science; I haven't found any other online Science degrees, and I don't qualify for admission in Dubai as the cutoff age is 27 years. I'm 40.

Another reason I applied for this degree is that I make easy monthly payments. I don't have enough to show as proof for a 3-year study at MDX, UK. I'm stuck in an impossible situation. I cannot apply for international study as I don't have enough money to show. I didn't get through when I did have the money.

To put things in perspective, I am a good student. Even though the last time I studied Science was in 1995, I have cleared the Chemistry Biosciences Entry Course at CNELM with 100%. Human Bio Biosciences Entry Course is also at 100%.

Does MDX UK provide scholarships to people like me? Someone struggling to study for almost 20 years? I really need to know what my options are. If I can qualify for a full scholarship at MDX UK for BSc (Hons) Biochemistry (I realised from my Nutritional Biochemistry module, I would love to continue in Genetics or Cancer Research, not Nutrition), I can study the full program there. Financial difficulties are the only reason why I am not able to apply now.

If MDX UK has no provision, can someone guide me to any humanitarian groups that can help me with 3-year tuition fee and accommodation fee? I'm not even asking for charity; I would love to return the money once I start earning. I've had no luck in Dubai, unfortunately.

Thank you.
Middlesex University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, thanks for your message!

Are you looking to apply for an undergraduate degree or a postgraduate? That will help me point you in the right direct for any scholarships information that may be useful.

However, if you are an international student then you can take a look at our website page, where you can find lots of relevant information on financial support to help with the cost of your studies that is based on your personal circumstances. Scholarships and bursaries recognise your academic excellence and other achievements and unlike a loan, you don't have to pay them back. Scholarships, bursaries and awards can reduce your tuition fees or help pay your living expenses. You are only eligible to receive one scholarship award from Middlesex Univeristy. You can take a look at the available awards here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/study-with-us/...ional-students

Equally if you are an international student then our Regional Offices would be best placed to deal with your enquiry. You can contact your nearest regional office. For example if you are based in Dubai you can contact our Dubai office on [email protected] or visit our relevant country information page: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/study-with-us/...ion-by-country.

Hope this information is helpful
Maddie

(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello everyone. I signed up a few weeks ago but this is my first thread today.

I am a former student of MDX, Dubai (MA Education-Leadership, Management and Change). I got into teaching though I wanted to study Science as there were no research degrees available in Dubai 15 years ago. I've tried to pursue Science studies ever since, working as an Early Childhood Educator to earn money. All my attempts to go for higher studies abroad were unsuccessful.

I'm in a dilemma now. I am studying BSc (Hons) Nutritional Science online with Center of Nutritional Education and Lifestyle Management (CNELM), UK. I hear I might not be able to apply for postgraduate studies if my BSc is online. I really want to avoid a situation like that. This is the only way I can get into Science; I haven't found any other online Science degrees, and I don't qualify for admission in Dubai as the cutoff age is 27 years. I'm 40. c
Another reason I applied for this degree is that I make easy monthly payments. I don't have enough to show as proof for a 3-year study at MDX, UK. I'm stuck in an impossible situation. I cannot apply for international study as I don't have enough money to show. I didn't get through when I did have the money.

To put things in perspective, I am a good student. Even though the last time I studied Science was in 1995, I have cleared the Chemistry Biosciences Entry Course at CNELM with 100%. Human Bio Biosciences Entry Course is also at 100%.

Does MDX UK provide scholarships to people like me? Someone struggling to study for almost 20 years? I really need to know what my options are. If I can qualify for a full scholarship at MDX UK for BSc (Hons) Biochemistry (I realised from my Nutritional Biochemistry module, I would love to continue in Genetics or Cancer Research, not Nutrition), I can study the full program there. Financial difficulties are the only reason why I am not able to apply now.

If MDX UK has no provision, can someone guide me to any humanitarian groups that can help me with 3-year tuition fee and accommodation fee? I'm not even asking for charity; I would love to return the money once I start earning. I've had no luck in Dubai, unfortunately.

Thank you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you, Maddie. I would like to apply for an undergraduate degree. Is there any person I can have a chat with directly to see what options are available to me?

Thank you.

Regards,
Nisha

(Original post by Middlesex University)
Hi, thanks for your message!

Are you looking to apply for an undergraduate degree or a postgraduate? That will help me point you in the right direct for any scholarships information that may be useful.

However, if you are an international student then you can take a look at our website page, where you can find lots of relevant information on financial support to help with the cost of your studies that is based on your personal circumstances. Scholarships and bursaries recognise your academic excellence and other achievements and unlike a loan, you don't have to pay them back. Scholarships, bursaries and awards can reduce your tuition fees or help pay your living expenses. You are only eligible to receive one scholarship award from Middlesex Univeristy. You can take a look at the available awards here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/study-with-us/...ional-students

Equally if you are an international student then our Regional Offices would be best placed to deal with your enquiry. You can contact your nearest regional office. For example if you are based in Dubai you can contact our Dubai office on [email protected] or visit our relevant country information page: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/study-with-us/...ion-by-country.

Hope this information is helpful
Maddie
Middlesex University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Nisha,

The best thing to do would be to email or call our regional office in Dubai on the following contact details:

Tel: +971 4 396 6617
Whatsapp: +44 7459 272800
Email: [email protected]

You will be able to speak with someone there who can help talk through your individual situation.

All the best
Maddie
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you, Maddie. I would like to apply for an undergraduate degree. Is there any person I can have a chat with directly to see what options are available to me?

Thank you.

Regards,
Nisha
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks, Maddie. I'll do that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (109)
58.6%
No (77)
41.4%

Watched Threads