The Student Room Group

I Keep Waking Up When My Brother Isn’t Home?

Okay, basically: my brother who is older than me ( I’m 15 ) has a girlfriend. Now, we share a room unfortunately, and for some reason whenever he’s here I sleep fine, I might wake up to go toilet randomly, but nothing unexplainable.

Now, here’s where it gets weird, I guess? My brother usually stays round his girlfriend’s on the weekends or very rarely during the week, and some reason whenever he’s away, 9/10 I will wake up in the night. I don’t need the toilet or a drink or anything like that, I just wake up out of nowhere and I don’t know why? Like, it only happens whenever he’s not there and it’s really confusing.

Any thoughts or reasons as to why this happens) Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, basically: my brother who is older than me ( I’m 15 ) has a girlfriend. Now, we share a room unfortunately, and for some reason whenever he’s here I sleep fine, I might wake up to go toilet randomly, but nothing unexplainable.

Now, here’s where it gets weird, I guess? My brother usually stays round his girlfriend’s on the weekends or very rarely during the week, and some reason whenever he’s away, 9/10 I will wake up in the night. I don’t need the toilet or a drink or anything like that, I just wake up out of nowhere and I don’t know why? Like, it only happens whenever he’s not there and it’s really confusing.

Any thoughts or reasons as to why this happens) Thanks.

Sounds pretty normal to me. You're very used to his presence and it's likely that when he's not there you have a little subconscious separation anxiety. On some level you're probably worrying that he's okay and coming back, for example, even if you don't really feel it. Lots of people find it happens when they break up from a long term relationship or after a bereavement of someone in the home, obviously this is less extreme but it's the same sort of sensation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending