The Student Room Group

Do I start too early?

We have already learning the IAL syllabus for 2020 and 2021 exams in June 2019, which is soon after the IGCSE exams. I will start my formal preparation for the exams once I return from Germany after the summer (and I will be getting the results during my holiday in Germany), and take two tracks of revision, one is 4-5 chapters ahead of the class, and another is in parallel to the class to review the content learnt each day. I will also have a weekly review, a bi-weekly review and a monthly review, each by doing by-topic past papers. I will also start revision for mocks about 30-40 days before them.
From Chinese New Year onwards I will do timed past papers (2-3 of them each day), and after reviewing a few of them, I will identify the weak topics and redo the by-topic papers on them again. I will continue this until the day before the exam, but will take a short break on a unit if I got 100% in three consecutive past papers done in that unit.
I did something similar to prepare for IGCSE exams, and it worked as I had the following predicted grades after the exams in 6 subjects:
And felt really confident as well.
So do you think this study plan can work for A levels too?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
What subjects are you plannig to do?A-levels are different to iGCSEs but your plan sounds comprehensive. Perhaps try using flash cards to test knowledge and understanding. If you get the question correct it goes in one pile and you dont need to look at it for a month. If you get it wrong then go over it again the next week.Past papers are essential at IAL to understand the style of questions and what the examiners are looking for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending