Did you know that the way to study Law is changing?

Watch
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Legal education and training will change in 2021 with the introduction of the new Solicitors Qualifying Exam (SQE).

We were joined by our own Head of Law Caroline Gibby for our podcast series to discuss the biggest shake up to legal education in decades.
In the episode we cover why and when the change is taking place, what to expect from the new assessment method and how this will affect both current and future students.

https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/study/law/

Listen here
Last edited by UniversityOfSunderland; 1 year ago
Azatar
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Starting LLB this year, can I choose to qualify through the SQE route, or am I forced to go through the LPC?
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there,

The new system will start from 2021 so I don't believe you would be able to qualify through the SQE route before then but that is something you should confirm with your Law School to be sure.

Thanks,
Kelly
(Original post by Azatar)
Starting LLB this year, can I choose to qualify through the SQE route, or am I forced to go through the LPC?
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Azatar)
Really depends upon the law firm and what they want to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (44)
36.97%
No (61)
51.26%
I don't know (14)
11.76%

Watched Threads