Top students- help Watch

Kieran181819
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey guys, I’m about to embark on a two year fast track course for A levels . I’m 18 years old. I already have an B grade in A level geography and a B grade in AS chemistry. How next year I’m going to be doing a maths fast track which is like 4 exams as the spec has changed and A2 chemistry with a few repeat subjects from AS chemistry. My offer is BBB. Any top students who have achieved fantastic grades give me any tips on how to ensure I get the best grades possible. I want to make sure I get a minimum of 3Bs or it will be time wasted. I achieved an A in maths gcse and AA in double award science. im more worried about the math. I’m planning to start over summer especially maths I know the majority of C1 and c2 already. Might just try and get through the whole a level as quick as possible the content anyways. I need 3Bs but I want to sim for higher of course? Any tips much appreciated
Jamesy11
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
So you're just doing maths and half of chemistry next year?

How is that fast track, surely that is equivalent to a normal workload.

In any event, I would say the key to doing well is to make sure that you practice a lot, particularly for maths. It is much more of a skill and by completing questions you will begin to notice patterns in how you answer them.
Kieran181819
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’m going to repeat my AS chemistry as-well suppose it’s not really starting from the beginning as I know all the content. So yea it’s a normal work load the course is it just called a fast track. I know most of the A2 chemistry aswell.
(Original post by Jamesy11)
So you're just doing maths and half of chemistry next year?

How is that fast track, surely that is equivalent to a normal workload.

In any event, I would say the key to doing well is to make sure that you practice a lot, particularly for maths. It is much more of a skill and by completing questions you will begin to notice patterns in how you answer them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
26.97%
Not great so far... (281)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.34%

Watched Threads