The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I do! Whoops, my bad. See, that's what studying Physics does to you!
piece_by_piece
Concave mirror: the nature of the image is dependent on the distance of the object from the mirror.
If the object is at C (2F), the image will be the same size, real and inverted.
If the object is beyond C, the image will be diminished, real and inverted.
If the object is between F and C, the image will be enlarged, real and inverted.
If the object is closer than F, the image will be enlarged, virtual and upright.

Convex mirror: there is only one rule. The image is always diminished, virtual and upright.

Converging lens (convex): the nature of the image is dependent on the distance of the object from the lens.
If the object is at C, the image is the same size, real and inverted.
If the object is beyond C, the image is diminished, real and inverted.
If the object is between F and C, the image will be enlarged, real and inverted.
If the object is closer than F, the image will be enlarged, virtual and upright.

Diverging lens (concave): there is only one rule. The image is always diminished, virtual and upright.

Very Nice :biggrin: .

In reference to who asked, the best way of doing ray construction is to learn how to draw the diagrams, and to practice that. Its easier in the exam to do a quick 5 second sketch than to memorize all this in words, plus you can be asked to do the drawings too!
piece_by_piece
Concave mirror: the nature of the image is dependent on the distance of the object from the mirror.

Convex mirror: there is only one rule. The image is always diminished, virtual and upright.

Converging lens (convex): the nature of the image is dependent on the distance of the object from the lens.
If the object is beyond C, the image is diminished, real and iverted.
If the object is closer than F, the image will be elarged, virtual and upright.

Diverging lens (concave): there is only one rule. The image is always dimished, virtual and upright.

genius - thank you so much
on my +rep list...
Yeah, it is definitely easier to do a sketch because then you familiarise yourself with the diagram, thus enabling you to do it in the exam :smile: I've memorised the entire textbook, I hope that gets me the A I need to get an A*! *fingers crossed*
hughey
genius - thank you so much
on my +rep list...

You're welcome! Glad I could be of some use :p:
piece_by_piece
Yeah, it is definitely easier to do a sketch because then you familiarise yourself with the diagram, thus enabling you to do it in the exam :smile: I've memorised the entire textbook, I hope that gets me the A I need to get an A*! *fingers crossed*

:dito: Its the same for me, *crosses fingers too*. Come on 85 :smile:.
John Locke
:dito: Its the same for me, *crosses fingers too*. Come on 85 :smile:.

:smile: I need 80; come on 80, or else I will cry!
piece_by_piece

If the object is beyond C, the image is diminished, real and iverted.
If the object is closer than F, the image will be elarged, virtual and upright.

Diverging lens (concave): there is only one rule. The image is always dimished, virtual and upright.

Thanks for that. I need a B out of this exam to get an A* but seriously doubting I will. I just don't get these ray diagrams. Hopefully memorising this will help.
definite_maybe
Thanks for that. I need a B out of this exam to get an A* but seriously doubting I will. I just don't get these ray diagrams. Hopefully memorising this will help.

You're welcome sweetie. I'm sure you'll get a B! The grade boundaries are pretty low anyway, don't worry :smile:
definite_maybe

Don't get too hung up on ray diagrams, remember its only one part of the syllabus and theres plenty more to revise if you haven't already. For all we know, this might not even come up tomorrow, and even if it does, you could probably still get a B if you missed it out :p: especially based on the boundaries in Jan!
I need 97 marks. Hmmm.. I think I could do it :smile: (with A LOT of luck on my side)
Reply 151
I need 80 on p3 and 80 on p2!
I hope the grade boundaries are low.
I want that A* or A
rach.
Ahh, no wonder. This thread is about P3 AQA and I'm doing edexcel360 :p:!
:rolleyes:

lol, I was thinking when reading this thread I dont know any of this lol then i realised it was AQA, im doing edexcel 360 too. gah hate physics.
i think i only need 70:biggrin:.

only dropped 10 marks on P1a, P1b, P2, and ISA so can affored to lose thirty. Good luck to everyone tomorrow
Reply 154
hey can someone help me on page 185 of the physics extention unit 5? iv got my exam tommorow and i dont understand the section at the top when it says:

matching the frequency of the acclerating voltage pulses to the rate of rotation of the particles.

how does this overcome the spiralling effect of the partcles?
help needed urgently thanks :smile:
dc4oaks
Im doing Edexcel 360 Science, Physics p3 Topic 5 & 6 tomorrow

Im somehow on an A for it, after doing 70% of the course

Anyone know what sort of mark I'd need to keep an A?
And is anyone else doing the same exam as me :confused: Because I don't have a clue about the stuff being talked about in here.

Thanks

woops i just spent most of the day only revising p3 topic 6 and only realised now there was a topic 5 arrrgh
for the edexcel 360 exams how much are each of the b3 c3 and p3 exams worth? like the b2 c2 and p2 are 10% each so how many percent are the b3, c3 and p3?
Reply 157
So guys, when we have a lens, we basically draw parallel lines from the object and reflect it to the focal ?
Reply 158
nobody studying edexels gonna be looking here
well the the thread starter could atleast made the thread title AQA Physics P3, im going to make my own thread edexcel peeps

Latest