The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

Module start

Would you start two modules at the same time?
One has examinations and I am not sure whether it would be best to start at a different start date.
I don't know how long they last for is the OU two modules a year or is that just the first
year??

I finally decided on the module though.
Reply 1
Hi,
I've been looking at OU as well. Most of the modules seem to run October to May, but I've seen a few that also run January to September. They recommend that you only do 60 credits at a time to start with, i.e. One X 60 credit module or two X 30 credit modules. What are you planning to study?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
History, the other optional ones are 60 credits as well so is the compulsory.
Original post by Amanda92
Hi,
I've been looking at OU as well. Most of the modules seem to run October to May, but I've seen a few that also run January to September. They recommend that you only do 60 credits at a time to start with, i.e. One X 60 credit module or two X 30 credit modules. What are you planning to study?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
That sounds great. I've been looking at the science modules. 60 credits is supposed to equate to about 16 - 18 hours study per week. But I imagine it all depends on how much prior knowledge you have of the subject and how long it is since you last studied. Are you applying for October?
Yeah I am starting in October and I would say l sometime last year since I last studied that was a performing arts course, there was a lot of written work as it was a level 3 and designed to show different areas in the industry. I wouldn't say I have prior knowledge did not do it fir GCSE and did not do A level sometimes for coursework we would have to do historical context on the play or play write or practitioner of a specific method.
Original post by Amanda92
That sounds great. I've been looking at the science modules. 60 credits is supposed to equate to about 16 - 18 hours study per week. But I imagine it all depends on how much prior knowledge you have of the subject and how long it is since you last studied. Are you applying for October?
Reply 5
You should be fine with the studying then if you're used to writing essays! And you can see how you get on with the first module before you have to decide on your options for next year. I'm still trying to decide between courses.
Thank you. I was going to do astronomy and planetary science bit then realised I am way to bad at maths to do it.

It is hard choosing I had 5 things I was looking into before I chose science then changed to History.

Good luck hope you find something you are interested in
Reply 7
Thanks and good luck to you too.

Quick Reply

Latest