The Student Room Group

Can you include mandatory school-provided work experience on a CV?

At my school, as well as many others, Year 10s go on a week of work experience with an employer. Obviously this is unpaid work.

Can I include this in a CV or will that seem too desperate?
Dunno, if it's all you have it's all you have, it's better than a blank bit of paper.

How long was it for? Can you confidently talk about what you did and learned? Would the placement be happy to give you a reference?

EDIT - just clocked you said a week, meh, it IS a bit on the desperate side, but as said, if that's what you have it's what you have, being able to highlight what you did and learned will still be useful
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by mypwnsupport
At my school, as well as many others, Year 10s go on a week of work experience with an employer. Obviously this is unpaid work.

Yes you can include it on your CV, it won't seem desperate
Ok thanks, they are willing to provide references.
Original post by mypwnsupport

It depends whether you can use it to show evidence of relevant skills. Employers ask for experience, it doesn't matter if that experience comes from paid employment, volunteering, sports, clubs, school activities, wherever. The key is whether it is relevant to the employer or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending