Parking near astor house Watch

paige-julie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I'm looking at going to Plymouth Uni in Sep 2020, and wanted to stay in Astor House, but I will be a nursing student so would likely need my car for placements. Is it possible to get permits or season tickets parking near to Astor House or University and how much would I be looking at? It is one of the main things putting me off, as all of the other unis I am looking at make parking easy for nursing students.
University of Plymouth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by paige-julie)
Hi, I'm looking at going to Plymouth Uni in Sep 2020, and wanted to stay in Astor House, but I will be a nursing student so would likely need my car for placements. Is it possible to get permits or season tickets parking near to Astor House or University and how much would I be looking at? It is one of the main things putting me off, as all of the other unis I am looking at make parking easy for nursing students.
Hi paige-julie ,

I hope you're well! I had a conversation with the live Astor House chat, and I've been told:

"Hi Seren, there is no parking on site for our residents unfortunately. However there are plenty of car parks around and on street parking. There are also free areas around the Uni to park which is a 10 minute walk." I asked about student parking deals, and they said "You are better off looking online for parking deals. Some car parks do monthly deals, I am not sure about more than that."

When I was at uni, plenty of students brought their cars down and negotiated the free parking areas around the city, but I won't lie, it is a bit of a challenge. I know that nurses get a free bus card for travel to Derriford, so this can really help with offsetting costs. The bus companies also have 15% off for student tickets

I hope this helps - let me know if you have any further questions!

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep.
paige-julie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you, this doesn't help that much as I really don't know Plymouth or any of the surrounding areas, but thank you for your help, a lot of what you said is helpful, and I know I could navigate uni without a car but it would make my life a lot easier if I could bring it, as I live about 200 miles away. The train is easy enough but bringing everything down and then back home again on a train would just be a nightmare. Thank you again for your help, and thank you for finding this information put for me
University of Plymouth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by paige-julie)
Thank you, this doesn't help that much as I really don't know Plymouth or any of the surrounding areas, but thank you for your help, a lot of what you said is helpful, and I know I could navigate uni without a car but it would make my life a lot easier if I could bring it, as I live about 200 miles away. The train is easy enough but bringing everything down and then back home again on a train would just be a nightmare. Thank you again for your help, and thank you for finding this information put for me
Hi paige-julie ,

You are really welcome, and sorry I couldn't give you the answer you wanted! It's definitely worth visiting us on an Open Day and talking with the Student Ambassadors in the Nursing department, as they will be able to chat with you about this and discuss how they navigate these situations themselves. I wish you all the best and let me know if you have any more questions

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.52%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (497)
59.24%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.42%

Watched Threads