theprettyrainbow
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone! I got my predicted grades today and l honestly do not even know what to do with them. I got A*AB as my predicted grades and l've been trying to get some help from my teachers about what l should do but they always wince when they hear about my B. I am doing Maths, Economics and English for A level. Please help
neko no basu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To be honest, you really need to talk to your teachers about how to improve your predicted grades. At the end of the day, their job is to teach you and help you improve.
At my school, if you want to improve your predicted grades, one thing you can do is offer to do extra work such as write some extra essays for English or do another maths paper etc. and then get your teacher to mark it. That shows that you're actively trying to improve your grade and your teacher may boost up your grade if you do well in those essays/practice papers.
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by theprettyrainbow)
Hi everyone! I got my predicted grades today and l honestly do not even know what to do with them. I got A*AB as my predicted grades and l've been trying to get some help from my teachers about what l should do but they always wince when they hear about my B. I am doing Maths, Economics and English for A level. Please help
I presume you mean in terms of applying to university? They’re a strong set of grades overall, especially if the A* or the A is the subject you want to study at university. Obviously you’d likely be in a good position to apply for places asking for AAB as you’re above that grade-wise. Some places may consider A*AB as equivalent to AAA, however not all will - the best way to check is to email or ring universities to be clear whether they would consider them equivalent.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.71%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.29%

Watched Threads