Can I do an EPQ on running gags throughout TV shows?

Watch
Oscar-H-S
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am considering doing an EPQ and I am very interested in TV and media. Therefore, I think doing an EPQ on such would be good. However, I am mainly interested on whether I could do an EPQ on a certain TV show or aspect to TV shows, such as brick-jokes (a joke where the punchline of a joke pays off in a later episode). Would it be possible to do an EPQ on a specific TV show or aspect to TV shows?
amorsophy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It might be difficult to find academic sources for that...maybe have a chat with your schools media dept??
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Oscar-H-S)
I am considering doing an EPQ and I am very interested in TV and media. Therefore, I think doing an EPQ on such would be good. However, I am mainly interested on whether I could do an EPQ on a certain TV show or aspect to TV shows, such as brick-jokes (a joke where the punchline of a joke pays off in a later episode). Would it be possible to do an EPQ on a specific TV show or aspect to TV shows?
I’d say it’s certainly possible! I would just say what would the aim of your EPQ be with reference to this topic - would you look at the effectiveness of brick jokes, for example? You’d need to be able to have some sort or argument or discussion in your essay, rather than just talking about a topic for example.
neko no basu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That sounds really interesting, I would say go for it! As amorsophy said, however, it may be difficult to find some academic sources for that but have a browse on the internet or maybe the library to see if you can find anything on it or speak to your school and ask for their advice.
Oscar-H-S
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I would say the aim if it were for brick jokes is whether or not they truly pay off. Some people may find jokes that end long after the set up tedious or just dismiss them, so I would have a look into that, and see how effectively they are used
(Original post by BlueEyedGirl_)
I’d say it’s certainly possible! I would just say what would the aim of your EPQ be with reference to this topic - would you look at the effectiveness of brick jokes, for example? You’d need to be able to have some sort or argument or discussion in your essay, rather than just talking about a topic for example.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (94)
58.39%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (18)
11.18%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (20)
12.42%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (11)
6.83%
I haven't started researching yet (9)
5.59%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.59%

Watched Threads