Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Havent found a thread about this specific unit yet.. exam is in 2 days.
    Any comments or tips that people would like to give about evaluating the 2 options or writing the business plan?

ReputationRep:
    I did coursework so im no help

ReputationRep:
    I find it hard to revise for this. I know how to do a Business Plan and I know how to evaluate the appendices and options.

All I can think of doing is refreshing my knowledge on theories like Ansoff, Mendelow...etc.

We had that Jim Bing guy, the one who writes a lot of exam papers come to our school. Basically know your theories and when you evaluate the appendices explain why you're evaluation them.

Example, Don't put "This article is 4 years old therefor it isn't very applicable to this business"....You should be explaining why not, and what a more updated article would offer, why it would benefit having a newer article etc.

Other than that there isn't much to it I don't think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupid Stunt)
    I find it hard to revise for this. I know how to do a Business Plan and I know how to evaluate the appendices and options.

howmany pastpapers have u done for practice? ive done 2 in last week, dont waant to do more because they r so repittive.

ReputationRep:
    So for evaluating the 2 options all u need to really do is a proper swot analysis with mentioning the appendixes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smarty)
    howmany pastpapers have u done for practice? ive done 2 in last week, dont waant to do more because they r so repittive.
    Yea about the same here, I've had teachers mark them and I got the idea of how it all works I think.

So for evaluating the 2 options all u need to really do is a proper swot analysis with mentioning the appendixes?
    I've noticed different schools recommend different ways of laying it out, I've been told to basically:

Analyse both options with the appendices, evaluation used throughout, choose an option, use SWOT & PEST. Basically the first bit generally.

Then start the business Plan, for finance, HR, marketing etc. Where you can show off your knowledge of theories an whatnot.

I'm not 100% up to scratch with this but I got a high A for my grades so far so I've got a little more room for error in this compared to my other A Levels.

ReputationRep:
    same here shouldnt be too hard to get an A or B in this unit

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done a past paper on this unit till now! Can anybody tell me the basic layout of the paper (how questions come up - essays, calculations,etc)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sphixter)
    I haven't done a past paper on this unit till now! Can anybody tell me the basic layout of the paper (how questions come up - essays, calculations,etc)?
    Almost always the same question. evaluate to 2 decisions from a business and then write a business plan. Main problem for this exam is timing

ReputationRep:
    Almost always the same question. evaluate to 2 decisions from a business and then write a business plan. Main problem for this exam is timing
    Thanks! And how do you go about making a business plan (steps, things to keep in mind, etc)

Thanks again for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Hey i had the same question. whats the format of a business plan? what should i do to evaluate the many things? How do I show knowledge, application, analysis and evaluation?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I'm scared about this paper now! NO idea what to do.

ReputationRep:
    hey does anyone have sample coursework for unit 5 (human resources)

ReputationRep:
    can some1 plz jus, tell us all the layout and how to approach each section?? What are the things to keep in mind? and what to MUST be included?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupid Stunt)
    Yea about the same here, I've had teachers mark them and I got the idea of how it all works I think.

I've noticed different schools recommend different ways of laying it out, I've been told to basically:

Analyse both options with the appendices, evaluation used throughout, choose an option, use SWOT & PEST. Basically the first bit generally.

Then start the business Plan, for finance, HR, marketing etc. Where you can show off your knowledge of theories an whatnot.

I'm not 100% up to scratch with this but I got a high A for my grades so far so I've got a little more room for error in this compared to my other A Levels.
    Hey can you help by giving us the full format of constructing a business plan? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yenyuin)
    Hey can you help by giving us the full format of constructing a business plan? Thank you!
    I can't remember much I finished my A-Levels last year. Got an A though so I guess what I wrote could be helpful

Basically during the exam I stuck to what I said in that post, then wrote non-stop for the whole time, just get as much down as you can I think there's plenty ways to pick up points. It's just a race against time to get them down, the layout was simple enough.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.