The Student Room Group

Can I still do dentistry at UNi?

This is my first question on ‘The Student Room’!

Unfortunately, I was messing about back in GCSEs and being lazy so I didn’t get the grades to be able to do A Level Chem, Bio and Maths :/

And now I have finally settled on a career path - dentistry. But I am in a terrible situation because for a level I am doing BTEC Applied Science Diploma and A Level Business.

So my question would be, do I still have a chance to get into a dentistry course at a UNI?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry, but no.
I wanted to do Medicine, but I'm doing BTEC Health and Social Diploma & BTEC Applied Science Extended Certificate. But, I needed Biology, Chemistry and Maths to do Medicine
Original post by Guardiann

Unfortunately, I was messing about back in GCSEs and being lazy so I didn’t get the grades to be able to do A Level Chem, Bio and Maths :/

And now I have finally settled on a career path - dentistry. But I am in a terrible situation because for a level I am doing BTEC Applied Science Diploma and A Level Business.

So my question would be, do I still have a chance to get into a dentistry course at a UNI?
What city are you from?
Original post by Guardiann

Reply 3
i think you can look at foundation courses
Reply 4
@confuseddddd I live in Coventry, I don’t mind going to any UNI that’s in England
can we do that??
Original post by syrup.02
Reply 6
@confuseddddd I live in Coventry, I don’t mind going to any UNIVERSITY that’s in England
Reply 7

Like a pre-dental year?
Reply 8
idk,
i think you can do that for med tho

have a look around tho
Original post by confuseddddd
can we do that??
Reply 9
https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/foundation-year/entry-requirements/academic-2020
Original post by confuseddddd
Sorry, but no.
I wanted to do Medicine, but I'm doing BTEC Health and Social Diploma & BTEC Applied Science Extended Certificate. But, I needed Biology, Chemistry and Maths to do Medicine

Shouldn't you be revising Mr. SmartyPants? :h:
Reply 11
im doing ucat revision atm, u kutthi
Original post by -Quava-
Shouldn't you be revising Mr. SmartyPants? :h:
Then get your ass off here and do UKCAT revision then, u machod
No. You'll need to consider alternative routes into dentistry.
Reply 14
gEt oFf mY bAcK
Original post by -Quava-
Then get your ass off here and do UKCAT revision then, u machod
hahaha, do use know each other?

are you from india or Pakistan? I love finding people from my country or across the border lolll
Reply 17
Original post by denteddental
No. You'll need to consider alternative routes into dentistry.

What alternative routes are there?
Reply 18
if your doing a btec ngl your chances are ridiculously slim, most if not all dental schools reject btecs and some do look at GCSEs highly like Birmingham. If you arent doing a levels you are already at a disdavantage compared to the masses applying WITH a levels.
Reply 19
and even with foundation yrs i think the unis still expect you to do a levels. I know bristol for example has one but they still require the candidates to do a levels.

Quick Reply

Latest