I really want to leave Islam but i am so scared?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I don't believe that mohamed is a prophet from god. I cant believe a prophet from God would marry a 6 year old girl and leave it as an example for people.

But I am so terrified of hell, I am so scared to die and end up getting punished in the grave. I sometimes end up lying to myself and telling myself ''you are still a muslim''but no I am not, because I disbelieved in Mohamed.

I am also so scared of my family, I don't know how they will react.

Any advice?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Hello Sister,

It's okay to question your beliefs, it doesn't make you evil or a sinner. Perhaps try to settle your mind; there are many people like yourself that have question Islam or their own religion, try researching more into what your concern is, ideally talking to a Islamic speaker/online service that you feel you can trust. Or, search the Prophet and his Wives up, try to understand what you have doubts in.

Also, tell someone you trust. You don't need to say you want to leave Islam, just ask them "Why did the Prophet do this?". If they're a good Muslim, they'll help you understand (or try to understand with you). Questioning Islam is not a bad thing. It's a good thing.
Anonymous #1
bump
DarthRoar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pretend, until you no longer have to live with them and can go your own way. Then, it will be safe to tell them.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Are you trolling or something?. I would advise you to travel to Mars
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't believe that mohamed is a prophet from god. I cant believe a prophet from God would marry a 6 year old girl and leave it as an example for people.

But I am so terrified of hell, I am so scared to die and end up getting punished in the grave. I sometimes end up lying to myself and telling myself ''you are still a muslim''but no I am not, because I disbelieved in Mohamed.

Any advice?
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you trolling or something?. I would advise you to travel to Mars
Whoever can make sense of this post is a better man than me
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You've been conditioned by the culture you grew up in to be terrified of hell. It's an unfair thing that has been done to you. There's no such place and you don't have to be afraid.

Your family, on the other hand, are quite real ofc. Like the other guy says, I'd keep it under wraps until you can leave home.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Do you believe in religion?
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
You've been conditioned by the culture you grew up in to be terrified of hell. It's an unfair thing that has been done to you. There's no such place and you don't have to be afraid.

Your family, on the other hand, are quite real ofc. Like the other guy says, I'd keep it under wraps until you can leave home.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you believe in religion?
Sometimes I believe in God. I don't see most religion as being very useful or enlightening.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You have the right to choose your religion and all other beliefs.

In ancient times child marriage was a regular occurrence and not even considered controversial in many countries until the sixteenth century.
England's King Richard II married the six year old french princess Isabella in 1396, with the approval of her father.
That famous artwork of him trying to kiss her on their wedding day has got to be one of the most nauseating images I have ever seen in my life.
Henry VII's mother Margaret Beaufort was married at 12 to a 24 year old and pregnant within months.

Some creepy cult leaders are still doing child marriage today in the usa and telling their brain dead/ perverted followers that the law doesn't apply to them.
The fundamentalist mormon criminal Warren Jeffs for example.
Anonymous #1
Hello Sister,

It's okay to question your beliefs, it doesn't make you evil or a sinner. Perhaps try to settle your mind; there are many people like yourself that have question Islam or their own religion, try researching more into what your concern is, ideally talking to a Islamic speaker/online service that you feel you can trust. Or, search the Prophet and his Wives up, try to understand what you have doubts in.

Also, tell someone you trust. You don't need to say you want to leave Islam, just ask them "Why did the Prophet do this?". If they're a good Muslim, they'll help you understand (or try to understand with you). Questioning Islam is not a bad thing. It's a good thing.
You don't get it, I cant believe in islam anymore. I don't care why he married her, he still married a 6 year old and left it as an example for billions.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Any advice?
Mohammed also married a widow mother called Khadija. No one is perfect. What you can do is to keep it to yourself and then when you leave home you can stop doing the Islam thing and run your own life. Meanwhile, dont beat yourself up about it. No one can actually force you to believe anything no matter what they say. Did you know some religions dont believe in a hell? If you leave Islam and Christianity then you don't have to believe in hell. Being afraid of a gods punishment is absolutely pointless and sad . Why obey something because you are afraid? Would you ever like your children to obey you because they were afraid of you?
Last edited by mgi; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (112)
13.83%
I'm not sure (36)
4.44%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (247)
30.49%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (395)
48.77%

Watched Threads