Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When i'm doing an exam and have some time left at the end, or during a question i have no idea about i often write notes or express my annoyance to the examiner - I couple of times i've even come up with some god-awful puns or jokes based on the subjects and chucked them in at the end. I know i'll never see how the person marking it responded but i like to do it anyway, sometimes just a "thanks for marking". Am i totally alone in this and a very strange person or do other people do similar things? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    i write haiku at the end of every exam i do, no joke

ReputationRep:
    i did in my gcses! not now though!
    it tended to come in the form of funny pictures though!

ReputationRep:
    I don't do things like that because of how important exams are, i treat them seriously XD

ReputationRep:
    Those pages marked "BLANK PAGE" are a gift.

ReputationRep:
    I think they would probably get annoyed.

I did that for my critical thinking paper but as a mark of protest against the subject because it's pointless.

ReputationRep:
    I always felt the urge, but refrained in case the examiner didn't see the happy side of it.

(Original post by house sparrows)
    I love you.

I may have to do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllyThePhilosopher)
    Those pages marked "BLANK PAGE" are a gift.
    Yeah, or those "THERE ARE NO QUESTIONS PRINTED ON THIS PAGE"
    I wanted to write "Duuuuuuuuuuh" next to it, but I thought better of it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Please give some examples, I could do with a laugh.

At the end of my Keats resit I was tempted to write "in conclusion, Mr. Keats senior should have used a condom" but managed to stop myself.

ReputationRep:
    I've written apologetic notes for the state of my handwriting after having had to scrawl out of exhaustion after the 8 A4 page mark, in an hour and a half exam.

ReputationRep:
    lol in my general studies exam in jan i kinda went on a rant throughout some of the questions, displaying my anoyance at the guy who wrote one of the source things, and also had a go at the exminer about it....suprised to say i got a U for that paper and im resitting it next tuesday XD lol

oh well!!

ReputationRep:
    I think I wrote a sorry note for how messed up a page looked during my GCSEs... including some smiley faces too...

ReputationRep:
    This one time I thought it wuld b funny to right a wrong answer to every question lol!!!!

ReputationRep:
    My housemate always apologises for his handwriting at the end of every exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma_08)
    "THERE ARE NO QUESTIONS PRINTED ON THIS PAGE"
    I always put a question mark at the end of that. Now there is a question, suckers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by house sparrows)

er.....having me a blond mo, remind me what a haiku is please!!

ReputationRep:
    Someone I know got a letter back telling them not to try and communicate with examiners. I often put smiley faces in or such though.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote this joke at the end of my C2 paper last monday.

"Why do you never see mathematicians at the beach...

because they have sine and cosine to give them a tan."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benzene)
    I always put a question mark at the end of that. Now there is a question, suckers.

Hah!

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.