Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going Stonehenge for it this year?

Anyone been previous years??

I can't wait, it's the weekend after exams so that weekend will be crazy, heading there with a mate and various psychedelic substances.

I've never seen Stonehenge before...

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    i've seen it as my default desktop when i first set-up my computer if that counts

but other than that, no. i hope you have a good time.

ReputationRep:
    Take a read about last years, I was so pissed off I missed it!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/6225118.stm

ReputationRep:
    I'll pass; probably be able to smell it from home.

ReputationRep:
    lol i made a thread like this a few weeks ago, copycat!!

yeah i'm going, am very excited

ReputationRep:
    Cooool, some else is actually going, lol.

I'm looking forward to talking to some hardcore hippies.

ReputationRep:
    Yaayy! I'm going can't wait. Not sure how we're gonna get there though, definitely don't wanna drive as i don't plan on being ready to drive in the morning! Where's the nearest train station?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tootsies)
    Yaayy! I'm going can't wait. Not sure how we're gonna get there though, definitely don't wanna drive as i don't plan on being ready to drive in the morning! Where's the nearest train station?

You can take a train too bristol/bristol parkway and then theres coaches from bristol thats what i'm doing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tootsies)
    That's good, because I think driving there might disturb the spiritual balance - and you don't want the hippies to cast you out!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/s...onWebDoc.11610

Think I'll be getting a train/coach there, that has a little info that might be helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in_vogue)
    That's good, because I think driving there might disturb the spiritual balance - and you don't want the hippies to cast you out!

do you think so?? I would rather drive up...how bad is parking??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    do you think so?? I would rather drive up...how bad is parking??
    I don't think parking would be the problem it would be the Druids. I've seen Druids when they get worked up, on an episode of Time Team, quite funny actually. Security wrestled this screaming woman to the ground. There was also a guy that looked like Gandalf complete with the big stick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDragon)
    I don't think parking would be the problem it would be the Druids. I've seen Druids when they get worked up, on an episode of Time Team, quite funny actually. Security wrestled this screaming woman to the ground. There was also a guy that looked like Gandalf complete with the big stick.
    Hahah!

I might buy Gandalfs hat an wear it there.

He looks so cool!

ReputationRep:
    That's him, only the druid may have been slightly younger, maybe 50. Don't forget your stick...you can poke people with it, the hippies are peaceful so they won't get you back. What date is Summer Solstice?

ReputationRep:

hence why i am going :P

ReputationRep:
    Are you purposefully going to wind them up big time or are you a Druid?

ReputationRep:
    It'll be more entertaining than TV for sure.

Summer Solstice Times/dates:

Car Park opens at 7pm Friday 20th June
    Access to Stonehenge at 8pm friday 20th June
    Stonehenge Closes 8am Saturday 21st June
    Car Park to be vacated by 12 Noon Saturday 21st June

Are you purposefully going to wind them up big time or are you a Druid?
    I actually want to see the sunrise an stuff. But the hippies an druids are a bonus, I want to make hippy friends!

ReputationRep:
    I want to go, but I can't. I'm still at college.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be there.

All these years living so close to Stonehenge and I've never had the chance to go there for the solstice

But if this is my last year in Wiltshire.. then I'm doing everything I can to get there this year!

ReputationRep:
    WOoooop Solstice!!!
    I live in Salisbury (just down the road) so mite see you there along with the fat emo kids, Druids and people trying to sell poppers.
    I didn't go last year but heard some people were having sex in the middle of the stones.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.