Keynes Studio Flats or Woolf College Studio Flats Watch

thecontrolcycle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi guys,I will be studying at Kent this Fall for a postgraduate degree. I am considering Woolf College Studio Flats due to lower price. But I am wondering if the conditions of the rooms worth the price. Thanks.
Postgrad Rep Shelly
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey! The studio flats in Woolf are a great option. They're in J Block, which is probably the nicest of the Woolf accommodation buildings. This year, they're made the wifi and the laundry facilities a lot better, and the common room (right next to J Block) is being completely refurbished — there will be huge flatscreen, small kitchen area, comfy seats. There is a real community environment in Woolf, as well. So the thing to keep in mind is if you want the convenience of being on campus. Of course, it's student accommodation, so there are issues with sound, and there are issues with heat in the summer because there is no air conditioning in the college.
thecontrolcycle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Postgrad Rep Shelly)
Hey! The studio flats in Woolf are a great option. They're in J Block, which is probably the nicest of the Woolf accommodation buildings. This year, they're made the wifi and the laundry facilities a lot better, and the common room (right next to J Block) is being completely refurbished — there will be huge flatscreen, small kitchen area, comfy seats. There is a real community environment in Woolf, as well. So the thing to keep in mind is if you want the convenience of being on campus. Of course, it's student accommodation, so there are issues with sound, and there are issues with heat in the summer because there is no air conditioning in the college.
Thanks. How about Keynes Studio Flats? They are priced much higher.
Postgrad Rep Shelly
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
As far as I know, postgraduates are not allowed to live in Keynes without special exception. Postgraduates stay in Woolf or (occasionally) Darwin Houses.
thecontrolcycle
Rep:
?
It is on the Kent Accomodation website I think.

https://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation...mmodation.html
Postgrad Rep Shelly
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'll ask around a bit. I'm the president of the postgrads and sit on the board for accommodation, but I don't know of any postgrads who live in Keynes. It may be that it's not supposed to be on the website (we ran into that with another building last year).
(Original post by thecontrolcycle)
It is on the Kent Accomodation website I think.

https://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation...mmodation.html
Postgrad Rep Shelly
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The college Master says that there are only a few, premium rooms in Keynes for postgraduate students. It would probably help to keep in mind the community aspect when considering the two options, though. Woolf is only postgraduates, and it's kind of a hub of postgraduate activities and social life. That's where the PG common room is (which is getting totally refurbished this summer), and it's right across from the Graduate School and Origins (whch is the fave eating spot for PGs). Keynes will be mostly undergrads, so it might be hard to create a convenient social circle, even if the room is nicer. Hope this helps!
thecontrolcycle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Postgrad Rep Shelly)
The college Master says that there are only a few, premium rooms in Keynes for postgraduate students. It would probably help to keep in mind the community aspect when considering the two options, though. Woolf is only postgraduates, and it's kind of a hub of postgraduate activities and social life. That's where the PG common room is (which is getting totally refurbished this summer), and it's right across from the Graduate School and Origins (whch is the fave eating spot for PGs). Keynes will be mostly undergrads, so it might be hard to create a convenient social circle, even if the room is nicer. Hope this helps!
Sounds like Woolf is the better fit for me then. Thanks Shelly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (436)
67.49%
No (210)
32.51%

Watched Threads