Some advice please Watch

RandomTennisfan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I put a post on here previously giving up hope on girls, and feeling genuinely down about my experiences being used/ led on. Well I’ve been talking to someone for a month and a half now, we’ve arranged a date when we are both back. I feel like we click as people etc, and have similar interests. Just don’t know exactly what to do for the date? Some friends have said don’t do cliche things like cinema etc, and do something out the box. I was thinking Mini Golf and Sprinkles for first one? She’s left it up to me to decide tbh, I also was thinking of asking her to go out with me if it goes well, but maybe too early. Idk comments/thoughts please.
Last edited by RandomTennisfan; 3 weeks ago
pinesandapples2001
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
please don't ask her to marry you after just one date. Don't Ted Mosby her or she'll most likely run away lol
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Definitely pop the question. She sounds like a keeper, especially if she's actively chosen to go out with you.
Hopefully1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Your date idea sounds like a good one. Of course you are kidding about popping the question but do be careful not to come on too strong even if it seems like you have a great connection. Relationships, a general rule, that start off 'fast and furious'/develop quickly tend to fizzle quickly. Slow and steady is the best. Take her to play mini golf and keep the conversation light but complimentary and I would get too physical on the first date. If you've had a nice time at the of the date you can ask her if she like to go out again.... hopefully she says yes. Continue your texting after the date and let her know how much you enjoyed your time together. Then take her out. But I really mean it is best to go slooooow and allow the the 'sexual chemistry' build. It will pay off in the long run.
RandomTennisfan
Rep:
?
(Original post by pinesandapples2001)
please don't ask her to marry you after just one date. Don't Ted Mosby her or she'll most likely run away lol
Lol man obviously not going to ask her that hahaha
RandomTennisfan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quick-use)
Definitely pop the question. She sounds like a keeper, especially if she's actively chosen to go out with you.
Yeah, I kinda have a good feeling, it was her anyway who suggested to meet up and do something in the first place. I suppose the only thing putting me off is being too eager, and not letting more chemistry build.
RandomTennisfan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hopefully1)
Your date idea sounds like a good one. Of course you are kidding about popping the question but do be careful not to come on too strong even if it seems like you have a great connection. Relationships, a general rule, that start off 'fast and furious'/develop quickly tend to fizzle quickly. Slow and steady is the best. Take her to play mini golf and keep the conversation light but complimentary and I would get too physical on the first date. If you've had a nice time at the of the date you can ask her if she like to go out again.... hopefully she says yes. Continue your texting after the date and let her know how much you enjoyed your time together. Then take her out. But I really mean it is best to go slooooow and allow the the 'sexual chemistry' build. It will pay off in the long run.
With the question I meant, going out with me in a relationship, I suppose it’s better to take things slow rather than the rush approach tbh. Thanks for this.
RandomTennisfan
Rep:
?
To save the confusion I meant asking her to be in a relationship with me, not marriage lol even though popping the question means that.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RandomTennisfan)
So I put a post on here previously giving up hope on girls, and feeling genuinely down about my experiences being used/ led on. Well I’ve been talking to someone for a month and a half now, we’ve arranged a date when we are both back. I feel like we click as people etc, and have similar interests. Just don’t know exactly what to do for the date? Some friends have said don’t do cliche things like cinema etc, and do something out the box. I was thinking Mini Golf and Sprinkles for first one? She’s left it up to me to decide tbh, I also was thinking of popping the question if it goes well, but maybe too early. Idk comments/thoughts please.
Don't do dates that are non very interactive like going to the cinema. Do active dates where you can talk more and interact with your date. If it goes well just ask her if she would be happy to go on another one! If things continue to go well for a few months then you can then pop the question. Dont do it too early. Both of you dont need that early pressure!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.88%
No I am happy with my course choice (491)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.53%

Watched Threads