My college is treating me like crap and I don't know what to do about Watch

Ellabella1103
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Buckle up this is a long one:

So it all started when because of my secondary school I applied slightly late for my first year and hadn't chosen a course so I basically just picked one the sounded ok and went with it and I am not exagerating it has been HELL from there.

First off my course leader is a liar! She has lied to me on multiple occasions about personal things to me. For example at the beginning of the year as I am hyper mobile I was promised I would get a free laptop to do my work on. When I say beginning I mean VERY BEGINNING like within the first week. I am now on my final few days and it never happened so I had to write everything which badly affected my work as teachers couldn't understand most of my work and I couldn't write enough in the allowed time because it hurts me to write. She lied and said it would happen ’soon’ that was 4 months ago and it never happened

Secondly, when I told them I had anxiety, like BAD anxiety, they said they would take me out of a few lessons so I could work in the library and I was like ’ok their finally listening to me’..... Then they started to use that AGAINST ME! My attendance is extremely low because apparently the other teachers were not informed of this and we're marking me absent. When I asked my course leader about it she said ’ you have to email me when your in the learning curve so I know to tell them’ so she basically called me a liar and said I would fail because of it

Bearing in mind in all the emails I've sent her out needing help and work she has never once replied and two the change was meant to be a permanent thing so WHY didn't she just tell them herself?

Anyway so because of working in the library I was much calmer and could do my work a lot better. She told me in the two exams I had to do that I did really well... And then she may as well have dropped a bomb on me there and then cus she said ’however you won't qualify as you havent done 3 of the required assignments’ I was like IM SORRY WHAT??? apparently I still had to do the assignments in one of the units she let me pull out of but SHE OR THE TEACHER NEVER MENTIONED THIS BEFORE HAND!?!? So she basically said you have less than two weeks to do them. Tomorrow is the last day ill be able to do it because I don't have and can't afford a laptop 😡 I have today and maybe 4 hours tomorrow to do 2 FULL 7000 word assignments.

I'm basically living off coffee because I've had little to no sleep for the past two weeks because of the amount of stress this has put on me but they just don't seem to care! And if I don't pass or get into my selected course for next year cus there is no way in hell I am going through this again, I have no clue what will happen because they haven't told me! Will I just be kicked out and not be able to do a second year?

You may think I'm being dramatic but it has honestly been HELL for me this past year and they don't care I've had 4 panic attacks just this week alone!

They are basically saying its my fault I will fail because THEY didn't tell me about these assignments!!! Also one teacher told me I need all distinctions in order to qualify even thought supposedly did really well on my exams ( I say supposedly because I never actually got my results back I had to basically ask around to find out they didn't even tell me what grade I got just that is done ’really well’) and yet another teacher ( the only teacher i can tolerate cus he is actually nice to me and helps me) tells me because I did so well I can get away with all merits or possibly all passes so pool who's lying to me???
Either I didn't do well on my exams and they know that, thats why I haven't been given my results, I need to get all distinction to pass or I need to get all merit. I'm just at a point where I have no idea what I'm doing or if I even have a future
I seriously need advice on this from someone, I know I've only got a couple of days left but I still have to do it next year and I'm worried all the teachers will be like this and treat me like I mean nothing because I'm disabled.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
Is there a short version? or you will have to wait. I will keep the tab open and see if someone else absorbs it first.
How old are you? Year 12?
What sort of disability do you have?
How often do you or do you need to go and see the GP?
What questions do you want answers to 1,2,3,4 etc?
What qualification are you doing? BTEC and its an extended diploma?
What course do you want to do at uni?
What are your marks so far?
Last edited by 999tigger; 3 weeks ago
Ellabella1103
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m 17 and yeah I’m in my first year of college

I’m hyper mobile which basically means that my bones and muscles are very weak

I go to the GP about my disability around once or twice a month and every two months for my anxiety , I have been diagnosed for it

All of them

I’m not 100% sure if it’s extended diploma but it’s BTEC and it’s called Level 3 business and admin

I want to do something to do with either animals or photography but I’m leaning more towards animals. Animal care and creative photography are my options for next year if I qualify. I havnt applied for animal care yet because if I don’t get an interview until enrolment day then I have no choice I HAVE to do animal care and I’m still deciding

My marks? Not a single clue. I havnt received any feedback or been told my marks for the two exams or the assignments I have done
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (56)
56%
No (44)
44%

Watched Threads