Turn on thread page Beta

Scots/English would you cross the border? watch

• View Poll Results: English/Scots-Would you like to cross the border?
    I'm Scottish-Live in Scotland, want to live in England
    0%
    I'm Scottish-Live in Scotland, want to live in Scotland
    14.29%
    I'm Scottish-Live in England, want to live in England
    0%
    I'm Scottish-Live in England, want to live in Scotland
    5.71%
    I'm English-Live in England, want to live in England
    57.14%
    I'm English-Live in England, want to live in Scotland
    20.00%
    I'm English-Live in Scotland, want to live in England
    0%
    I'm English, Live in Scotland, want to live in Scotland
    2.86%

ReputationRep:
    Poll question

Why haven't you made it a poll then? :p:

And yes, yes i would. I think scotland is a beautful place

ReputationRep:
    I live in England and want to live in England. I have this image in my head of Scotland as a place where it rains all the time. The weather is just miserable. Everyone in general is miserable and you have to walk miles to go to the nearest shop. :eek: It'll probably stay like that until the day I visit Scotland!

ReputationRep:
    theres nothing that particularly attracts me too Scotland, but I have nothing against it either.

No I wouldnt move there just for its own sake, there would have been a compelling reason/extenuating circumstances

to be honest I am very keen on the idea of leaving England in the near future, but I think I fancy sunnier climes..

ReputationRep:
    I'm English and I live in London. I'm going to Edinburgh Uni (hopefully) and it's more than possible that I'll stay up there after I graduate. So yes, I want to live in Scotland. I love it up there!

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of going to Edinburgh uni. I love Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    Hah there's two Scots moved to England that want to move back. Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of going to Edinburgh uni. Would make a bit of a change from rural southern English village life, and it looks great up there.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand? Do you mean if there were two sovereign countries and we had to decide where we wanted to live?

If the United Kingdom was split up I wouldn't want to live here any more. I'd push off.

ReputationRep:
    I fancy living in Edinburgh. If only for the festival:love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnythingButChardonnay)
    I don't really understand? Do you mean if there were two sovereign countries and we had to decide where we wanted to live?
    No, I wasn't really paying attention to whether Scotland becomes independent or not.

ReputationRep:
    I'm English and live in Scotland.
    I'm probably going to university in England though, so I guess we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    I'm English born and bred, and attending university in Scotland next year (hopefully!). So yes, I would cross the border.

ReputationRep:
    I'd quite fancy moving to Scotland I think. I wouldn't feel really out of place there as all my dad's family is Scottish, so I've been going up and down for visits and such since I was tiny.

Plus it's just, erm... nice. For want of a better word.

ReputationRep:
    I would indeed live in England if I took the inclination. I must admit though, the North holds no appeal to me. Living in London would, I imagine, be quite an experience, and most of the pleasant southern villages and towns would be more than adequate.

That said, I don't feel I fit in to any of the poll categories. I am Scottish and I live in Scotland, where I'm quite happy; I have no reason to move, but would just as quickly move to England as to somewhere else in Scotland if I could find employment or had some other reason to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    No, I wasn't really paying attention to whether Scotland becomes independent or not.
    Ah, well, yes, I could see myself living there for a bit. But I do prefer the climate down south, and the politics.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely adore Scotland - the people are more friendly, the atmosphere is more exciting, beautiful to look out, fantastic exciting cities.

Im going to edinburgh next year hopefully - and ive always wanted to try and live there, literally for the rest of my life. Its the best city in the world!!

(well, in my humble opinion, teehee, i havnt visited many but so far....)

Edinburgh is even better out of the festival time as its not crawling with people.

ReputationRep:
    I would live in Scotland if I had a reason to. It's not exactly my plan but if I happened to get an offer on a good job then I would go for it. Would be cool to work on the next GTA game.

ReputationRep:
    So far the poll is coming out in favour of Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    "Edinburgh is even better out of the festival time as its not crawling with people."

Americans, actually... :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.