The Student Room Group

How much notice should you have for work rotas? (RETAIL)

Doesn’t stipulate in contract. Is less than 5 days notice for the following week a normal amount of notice?
Reply 1
Contracts don't really cover them no. And less than 5 days notice is the standard especially within Retail / Hospitality, as they make the Rota's based on forecast/budgets for the week ahead etc.

Although some places do give 1 week/ 2 weeks notice with Rota's... you just have to find them.
Original post by Anonymous
Doesn’t stipulate in contract. Is less than 5 days notice for the following week a normal amount of notice?
Reply 2
Legally, I think it’s at least 24hours, if a change is needed.
It varies from company to company, and is usually dependant around how your paid. If your monthly, Rotas might go up for the whole month, weekly then you get a weeks rota and maybe a fortnight if your lucky.
It’s really dependant on the person making them as well.
There's no legal requirement. 5 days is normal... crappy but normal.
I sometimes only get 48 hours notice rota-wise which is pretty terrible as we plan our weeks around when we're working, giving us a limited amount of time to plan anything at all. Most places I'd expect to be better but it depends how organised your manager is.
Original post by Anonymous

I feel an ideal notice should be atleast 2 weeks, so staff can plan their activities accordingly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending