• View Poll Results: Who would win?
    Lion
    31.71%
    Tiger
    68.29%

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think would win? :confused:

One of the many great, unanswered questions of life :p:

A tiger is marginally larger, quicker and more agile. But lions are naturally more agressive as they tend to fight in the wild anyway, plus they have a mane which might serve as some sort of protection.

Lions have more powerful forepaws, but tigers have more powerful hind legs (generally speaking).

Very close call, but I might give this one to the tiger on a the grounds of their higher speed and agility which might overcome the lion.

ReputationRep:
    Lion all the way.

I think the Liger, a cross would win....

ReputationRep:
    Ligers all the way!!

ReputationRep:
    Lions! Sexy beasts, king of the jungle, all that Maybe I'm biased cuz I'm a leo but lions all the way!

ReputationRep:
    Damn i was beaten to it

ReputationRep:
    Or black panthers / cheetahs tigers don't really do it for me...though they should considering they are my national animals and all!

Royal Bengal Tigers wooo

ReputationRep:
    It has already been well documented that the Tiger is the bigger and stronger of the two cats.

Therefore is it plain to see which cat would win the fight. I think there is video on youtube of a Tiger dominating a lion in this very scenario.

ReputationRep:
    Ligers ftw

(Original post by eMJaaay♥)
    Lions! Sexy beasts, king of the jungle, all that Maybe I'm biased cuz I'm a leo but lions all the way!
    But seriously, :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    tigers!!

ReputationRep:
    Tiger

however it would depend on which type it is: a Siberian tiger is the largest so i would say that it would definitely be better than a lion

ReputationRep:
    tigers sexy tigers!

ReputationRep:
    It really depends and can't really be answered that easily. Both have strong points and one could come up with a good argument for both. Some things we will just have to guess at...

ReputationRep:
    Tigons ftw!

ReputationRep:
    The Bengali tiger would easily defeat a lion in battle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eMJaaay♥)
    I've never understood why they have this phrase used for them. They live in savannah terrain and if any animal is king, I'd suspect it's the elephant.

ReputationRep:
    the lion won't take defeat lion down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I've never understood why they have this phrase used for them. They live in savannah terrain and if any animal is king, I'd suspect it's the elephant.
    Lol I dunno, it might not be about strength or anything but the fact that a Lion oozes royalty

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought that certain species of the lion can get get a bit bigger and stronger than a tiger so they may have the advantage but I dunno, one thing don't lions fight in packs and tigers are a bit more individual so a pack of lions would prob win but , I guess the tiger might win in a 1 on 1, but tbh these things are just pure silly anyway who cares :P

Tigers are prettier tho xD

ReputationRep:
    I care! :p:

If you watch videos on youtube of a tiger vs a lion, the tiger owns the lion almost every time because it moves so much faster.

The lion tends to mawl, whereas the tiger tends to lean back on its hind legs and claw at the lion quickly

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.