Civil Service Policy Adviser (DEFRA) Watch

Mdavenport45
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi all,Just seeing whether anyone else is in the same boat as me and whether they have heard back? I applied for the above role in December. I received my conditional job in March and was allocated to a role in DEFRA , subject to passing the pre employment checks. I passed these checks at the end of April and was told that someone would be in touch with me soon to discuss my role and start date. 3 months on and I still have no news on when/if I will start, aside from a few ambiguous emails saying I will hear ‘very shortly’ or ‘soon’. And also that they are considering the impacts of article 50 extension... reassuring. Anyone else in the same situation?
Ark3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, this is a late reply but I'm in exactly the same boat! Still waiting- I understand Brexit has meant uncertainty, but still this is a bit nuts. Have you heard anything else?
Mdavenport45
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi Ark. yeh it’s so annoying! I passed all my pre employment checks in April and have chased them since but have just received generic emails saying I will hear soon and that article 50 extension has delayed things. Driving me crazy.
Are you waiting on a role in London or bristol?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ark3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah its a pain and waiting more is becoming less and less viable l've got a role in London, what about you?
(Original post by Mdavenport45)
Hi Ark. yeh it’s so annoying! I passed all my pre employment checks in April and have chased them since but have just received generic emails saying I will hear soon and that article 50 extension has delayed things. Driving me crazy.
Are you waiting on a role in London or bristol?
Mdavenport45
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Fingers crossed we will hear soon. I have seen other people being placed into teams on different threads so there is hope. My role is in Bristol
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
BobbyR
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys. I applied just before the deadline and had been waiting for an interview slot. There weren't any when I checked earlier, but there is one available now for Monday in Bristol. Unfortunately it is too short notice and I know I won't be able to get the day off work. Any idea if there will be more interview slots any time soon?
Ark3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Bobby R, probably worth emailing to check when they're looking the release the next interviews, they're pretty good at replying quickly. It does seem like very short notice so I wouldn't worry, sure there will be more slots!
(Original post by BobbyR)
Hi guys. I applied just before the deadline and had been waiting for an interview slot. There weren't any when I checked earlier, but there is one available now for Monday in Bristol. Unfortunately it is too short notice and I know I won't be able to get the day off work. Any idea if there will be more interview slots any time soon?
Ark3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That's good to hear things seem to be moving! Yes fingers crossed, good luck hope they tell you soon! I'll post on here as soon as I get any developments.
(Original post by Mdavenport45)
Fingers crossed we will hear soon. I have seen other people being placed into teams on different threads so there is hope. My role is in Bristol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (38)
15.77%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (17)
7.05%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
7.05%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (26)
10.79%
Monster Munch (18)
7.47%
Pringles (64)
26.56%
Walkers Oven Baked Crisps (15)
6.22%
Walkers Beef and Onion (3)
1.24%
Thai Sweet Chili Sensations (43)
17.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise