The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Absolutely none. My teachers totally ignored my existence.
Reply 81
Ang|ophi|e

I was only 11 and it was because I was out of uniform. :argh:

That's a pretty small price to pay - I'd imagine those teachers are now on the sex offenders register. :wink:
Reply 82
My year 7 history teacher. 'My dog ate my homework'. It just didn't cut it, although he did lolo:smile: :smile: :smile:
Some angels in this forum.
oh, god. i actually can't remember. too many. i wasn't exactly noughty. i just did as i pleased and went through the whole of year 9 doing as i felt, when i felt. in year 7, 10 and 11 i didn't get any. i spend every Friday of year 9 in a Geography detention starting from the second week of term right up until the last. these were for many things, talking, ignoring the teacher, poor test results, and when i was meant to be split up from my friends, we sat together anyway. i wouldn't have gone, but i had geography last period on a Friday :mad: i got several in music, again these were for poor test results, ignoring the teacher and talking. i got one in maths in year 9 for talking and i got two in year 9 in german for arguing with my teacher, bu i am sorry, "ich schwimmen gehen" is not right! :mad: i got another for being late to form, and another for talking in assembly. i have been in iscolation once - for skivving geography (year 9 again) which then meant i'd missed the class test which meant i'd failed it, which resulted in a study detention :frown:
Reply 85
about 15, mainly for homework but also class ones, pe kit etc.

but then they introduced a new system whereby you get straight one hour detentions for having shirt untucked, no hwk (no warnings or anything), being 5 mins late.

ironically, because i was a good student really, my teachers did not like to give them to me so ahrshly so i only got like another 4 (much better than the average student!!).
Reply 86
1, for forgetting my mouth guard for PE in year 7. How petty...
Umm, way too many to mention. I cant even imagine over the 5 years tbh.
One week i had 8 detentions. :frown:
Its not always my fault though, seriously.

Looking back now i feel sorry for my teachers. I was an utter **** to them.
Dont know how they put up with me. But by the end of year 11 i had been removed from 3 teachers lessons too.
And didnt go through a day without getting sent out.
Reply 88
my school day was not 9-3, i did overtime!....
looking back i was a total ****
i had one practically every day usually lasting 30 mins then once a week (every week) i got an hour detention (this was the BIG ONE- all the "bad" kids the from the whole year had to sit in one big room with the head of year at the front)

and when i was lucky enough to not have a detention my whole class would be kept behind for mucking about (usually 20mins)

why i got detentions were, apparently
1.always late morning register AND afternoon register
2.forgot homework
3. talked too much and encouraged classmates to muck about AFTER I HAD COMPLETED ALL MY OWN WORK.

needless to say i finished school and 6th form never gettin less then an A...SO HA!

worst thing i did?? gcse ICT year 10 -me and friends stole all the RAM chips out of the computers during break leaving the majority of the class rendered without a fully functioning PC next lesson
I came from a tiny school... hardly anyone played up. I had never had detention at all :littleang... .

Weirdly enough though, there are hardly any pupils at the school and there have been more detentions this year then there has been in the space of 6 years....
Reply 90
loads, countless. i went through yrs 7,8 and 9 with none. but in yr 10, realised who cares and rebelled a bit. there was one week where i had a DT every day after school. that was a bit rubbish.

mostly for:

homework, or lack of
effort, or lack of
Wearing trainers
running out of class with a 'headache' and going in the toilets with mates
skiving off
Reply 91
I'd say around 5. Get on me, always the rebel.
0- go me :p:
I had about 21 in yr 7 :p: I went to a crazily strict school though, vast majority of my detentions were over things like 'not having shirt tucked in' 'not having top bottom done up', fun times!!

I did refuse to go to any after school detentions though, which would mean i'd have to make it up during the week!

-x-
Reply 94
Too many to remember &they were all my fault; some for purposely forgetting my P.e kit, a lot for being late, but a few for being blamed :frown: =P
x
Quite a lot xD
Zero. Allow me to go polish my halo :p: hehe!
Reply 97
Haha I used to get detention like every day!! I went through a rebellious phase during highschool it seems. But most of my detentions were for not going to detention! But by year 10 it just ended up with suspensions instead, which were much better!

Once I had collected about 20 detention slips in a week so I thought I'd be cool and rip them up and throw them all over the floor...wasn't so cool when my principal found them adn saw my name on them though lol.

Thing was though, the teachers just used to really piss me off and be rude to me, and the lessons were so ridiculously boring (students in the tops sets being predicts Cs and Ds), so I wouldn't pay attention and then the more the teachers started doing my head in, the more I couldn't be bothered with school and spent most of the time skiving. But seriously they'd suspend me for the most stupid things, probably the stupidest one was for wearing a tshirt under my school polo shirt - as everyone did (and there were no rules against it!), but I got a 4 day suspension! It was funny cos at the time she started telling me off for it, a group of like 10 people walked past, nearly all with tops under their school tops but she just pretended not to notice!

Oh and I got a two week suspension cos they put a ban on eating on the second floor social area, and as I was walking up to find one of my mates over there I had a packet of crisps in my hand - this teacher who hated me grabbed me by the collar, literally, and dragged me to the deputy head's office and demanded they chuck me out of the school!!

Arghh so glad I've left now!!
None i wasnt cool enough :p:
Reply 99
none :wink:

Latest