Advanced Higher English Dissertation Watch

viveclipse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’ve decided to do my advanced higher English dissertation on whether or not it is important for creatives to have obsessive attention to detail. I think ‘Lolita’ by Vladimir Nabokov fits quite well but I’m struggling to find another book that would work. Any suggestions??
(Also is my topic choice too narrow?)
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by viveclipse)
I’ve decided to do my advanced higher English dissertation on whether or not it is important for creatives to have obsessive attention to detail. I think ‘Lolita’ by Vladimir Nabokov fits quite well but I’m struggling to find another book that would work. Any suggestions??
(Also is my topic choice too narrow?)
What do you exactly mean by a creative? And, what do you mean by obsessive attention to detail?
Last edited by Quick-use; 3 weeks ago
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm planning on doing Lolita and Ada, or Ardor by Nabokov.

You could compare Lolita with other Nabokov novels like Pale Fire or perhaps other books with themes relating to criminal law, perhaps even To Kill A Mockingbird?
viveclipse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I use “creative” as a loose term I guess, Humbert wants to immortalise Lolita in his writing.
And by obsessive attention to detail, I mean in the sense that he pays attention to every little thing about her, down to the downy hair on her body.
(Original post by Quick-use)
What do you exactly mean by a creative? And, what do you mean by obsessive attention to detail?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish