Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been trying to apply for a job which I found on the job centre website. The only contact provided for the employer was an email address. When I try to send an email I get an email titled: Delivery Status Notification (Failure).

There is a details text file attached which says the following:

Reporting-MTA: dns;blu0-omc1-s34.blu0.hotmail.com
    Received-From-MTA: dns;BLU136-W44
    Arrival-Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:07:01 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[their email]
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 Administrative prohibition (local part not handled)
    Does anybody know what this means? Is it something I have done wrong or a problem at their end?

Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they have a block on hotmail e-mail addresses?
    Or maybe there is something in your e-mail address which looks suspicious to their mail server and decided to say no?
    Or maybe they are just having IT issues?

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest signing up for a gmail account (you don't need an invite) and trying from there.

There are so many different things that an SMTP;500 error could be (if you google it you'll see so many different possibilities).

ReputationRep:
    I have tried it from hotmail.com, gmail.com, mail.com and my uni address.

Starting to think the address was entered incorrectly on the job centre site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K0ntraband)
    I have tried it from hotmail.com, gmail.com, mail.com and my uni address.

Starting to think the address was entered incorrectly on the job centre site.
    Is there a phone number? Why not phone them and ask for the email address?

ReputationRep:
    There is no number for the company. Have tried to phone the job centre but can't get through at the moment. Will keep trying.

Thanks everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I think you've got their email address wrong. Or maybe they put the wrong email adress.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.