TSR's Summer Challenge 2019! FAQ's here Watch

StrawberryDreams
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago

TSR’s Summer Challenge is here!

This year, we're setting you some ultimate summer goals so you don't have to. Pretty cool, huh?

The rules are simple:

You have until Saturday, 31 August to tick off as many of the goals as you want to on the card.

Blog about your challenge and how you’re completing it, and the best blog will get a prize of YOUR choice!

In your bucket list (goal number 22), include the prize you would like to win (worth up to £150). For example, maybe you want to go to a gig, get some new headphones or go on a shopping spree – if you win, we'll sort it out for you. Score! Have a read of our terms and conditions below, then get thinking.

Entering is really easy – just set up a thread in our Summer Beach Hut forum and blog the summer away!

Here are your 24 summer goals. Ready, set, go!

Your 24 goals:
1. Discover a new beach (UK or abroad)
2. Have a movie marathon day
3. Travel somewhere new (local or abroad… wherever)
4. Create something (fashion, art, music, creative writing or anything)
5. Visit a museum
6. Go for a long walk
7. Read a book you haven’t read before
8. Have a picnic
9. Try a new sport or fitness activity (and keep it up)
10. Go on a camping trip
11. Be the one in charge of cooking at a BBQ
12. Have a water fight
13. Have a well-being day (e.g. pamper day, doing whatever you enjoy etc.)
14. Try a new recipe
15. Make your ultimate summer playlist
16. Inspire others by suggesting a free/low-cost thing to do where you live in this thread
17. Go on a hike
18. Invent a new smoothie
19. Take part in a random act of kindness
20. Host a party, gathering or mini festival
21. Learn a new skill
22. Write a bucket list and see how much you can tick off by the end of summer
23. Volunteer somewhere
24. Do something towards getting your dream job (prep your CV, find apprenticeships/internships to apply to etc.)

Check out the Summer Hub for more summer goals - information on summer jobs, things to do and pure boredom busters can be found here! :woo:

Terms and conditions
Our terms and conditions for the prize are as follows:
1. The prize given will be up to the value of £150. This will be given in the form of gift vouchers, so please be aware of this when choosing your prefered prize.
2. The prize requested cannot be anything illegal, or involve alcohol, legal highs or anything with age restrictions.
3. The winner will be decided by the Community Staff at TSR, based on the most interesting and well-written blog.
4. At any time, The Student Room reserves the right refuse any requested prize and offer Amazon vouchers instead.
Here are TSR's general competition terms and conditions.
Last edited by StrawberryDreams; 3 weeks ago
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
:gah::gah::gah:

SUMMEEEEEEEEEEERRRR :woo:

Good luck to everyone entering but most of all... Have fun
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
a definite no-no for me then.
StrawberryDreams
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
Is there anything I can help with?

You don't have to tick all of the goals off to win the prize, just blog about your experiences with the ones you do want to do
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve already had a water fight. Threw a bottle of water out my window. Neighbour was not impressed.
Kangaroo17
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yup can't do this either ...

WTF host a party
StrawberryDreams
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kangaroo17)
Yup can't do this either ...

WTF host a party
It also includes gathering This means having your mates or family over and hanging out! No need to do a big party if you don't want to, but it's great if people do. This challenge is what you want to make of it - the goals are just to start you off

We tried to make these as accessible to all, and you don't have to tick them all off - we're looking for an awesome blog about trying some new things and getting out your comfort zone
octo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey!! I submitted my challenge list and it's pending approval. I'll post a link here when it's up! SO happy to see the Summer Challenge back this year!

(Just as a side note: I think the sub-forum that's linked to in Chat is a different one to the one this post is in.... Not sure what's happened there, but forums are a maze haha)
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
Same lol

(Original post by octo)
Hey!! I submitted my challenge list and it's pending approval. I'll post a link here when it's up! SO happy to see the Summer Challenge back this year!

(Just as a side note: I think the sub-forum that's linked to in Chat is a different one to the one this post is in.... Not sure what's happened there, but forums are a maze haha)
Yes the bread crumb on your blog says summer beach hut 2019 [archived]
:beard: hopefully someone can sort that out
KimJayneNoel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
im in already have a summer playlist
StrawberryDreams
Rep:
?
(Original post by octo)

Thanks for letting me know - getting it fixed for you now Good luck! So excited to read all the blogs
StrawberryDreams
Rep:
?
(Original post by KimJayneNoel)
im in already have a summer playlist
Can't wait to see your blog!
KimJayneNoel
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
tagged u in my thread
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
halsx11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yass im in Been for a long walk and had a movie day where I just watch movies 🙌🙌
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
halsx11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You have to blog it 🤔🤔
TS33
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
Lol I bet only a handful of people will actually be able to do this
KimJayneNoel
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
because if you just said u did it, u could be lying but if you just create a thread and explore each thing u did
(Original post by halsx11)
You have to blog it 🤔🤔
halsx11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by KimJayneNoel)
because if you just said u did it, u could be lying but if you just create a thread and explore each thing u did
Oh okay so like posting pics and stuff I acc cba now posting everyday I might as well start daily vlogging! 😂😂 jk
EstelOfTheEyrie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

This year, we're setting you some ultimate summer goals so you don't have to. Pretty cool, huh?

The rules are simple:

You have until Saturday, 31 August to tick off as many of the goals as you want to on the card.

Blog about your challenge and how you’re completing it, and the best blog will get a prize of YOUR choice!

In your bucket list (goal number 22), include the prize you would like to win (worth up to £150). For example, maybe you want to go to a gig, get some new headphones or go on a shopping spree – if you win, we'll sort it out for you. Score! Have a read of our terms and conditions below, then get thinking.

Entering is really easy – just set up a thread in our Summer Beach Hut forumand blog the summer away!

Your 24 goals:
5. Visit a museum
6. Go for a long walk
8. Have a picnic
10. Go on a camping trip
12. Have a water fight
14. Try a new recipe
16. Inspire others by suggesting a free/low-cost thing to do where you live in this thread
17. Go on a hike
21. Learn a new skill
23. Volunteer somewhere
24. Do something towards getting your dream job (prep your CV, find apprenticeships/internships to apply to etc.)

Check out the Summer Hub for more summer goals - information on summer jobs, things to do and pure boredom busters can be found here! :woo:

Terms and conditions
1. The prize given will be up to the value of £150. This will be given in the form of gift vouchers, so please be aware of this when choosing your prefered prize.
2. The prize requested cannot be anything illegal, or involve alcohol, legal highs or anything with age restrictions.
3. The winner will be decided by the Community Staff at TSR, based on the most interesting and well-written blog.
4. At any time, The Student Room reserves the right refuse any requested prize and offer Amazon vouchers instead.
I loved taking part least year, here's the 2019 blog: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...0#post84148690

EDIT: Apparently it won't let me change the spelling of the title - StrawberryDreams would you be a lovely and change my atrocious spelling please
Last edited by EstelOfTheEyrie; 3 weeks ago
MiaNova
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

The rules are simple:

Entering is really easy – just set up a thread in our Summer Beach Hut forumand blog the summer away!

Your 24 goals:
5. Visit a museum
6. Go for a long walk
8. Have a picnic
10. Go on a camping trip
12. Have a water fight
14. Try a new recipe
17. Go on a hike
21. Learn a new skill
23. Volunteer somewhere

Terms and conditions
This looks so interesting and 99% of the items on the list are ones already on my summer bucket list.
I'm just wary of posting about them online for everyone to see...
But I'll definitely have a think about it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (133)
61.29%
No (84)
38.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed