Motorway Driving Watch

MusicGamer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So, I'm driving to/from Thorpe Park on Thursday and I'm a bit nervous about driving on the M25, more than likely during rush hour (or when it's very busy).

I've driven on motorways before, but I just feel like the M25 is very different (yes, I know that sounds silly)

Does anyone have any tips or anything?
Thank you
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MusicGamer)
Stick to the speed limit, look out for the red circle temporarily speed limit and red crosses (don't drive in that lane!).

Keep to the lefthand most lane unless overtaking. Don't drive too slow either (certainly don't brake for the cameras)

Just be your usual self, and don't panic!

:goodluck:
MusicGamer
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
Stick to the speed limit, look out for the red circle temporarily speed limit and red crosses (don't drive in that lane!).

Keep to the lefthand most lane unless overtaking. Don't drive too slow either (certainly don't brake for the cameras)

Just be your usual self, and don't panic!

:goodluck:
Thank you
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The M25 is the best road in the UK. I would say once the signs say 60 I would expect there to be a queue a few miles down the road which will grind to about 10mph eventually. :rofl: My favourite section is actually Leatherhead to Heathrow. The M25 is littered with speed cameras everywhere so never speed not that you should anyway.

On a serious note if you're not comfortable sit in the left lane a lot, until you get used to the beast that is the M25. Good luck!
So, I'm driving to/from Thorpe Park on Thursday and I'm a bit nervous about driving on the M25, more than likely during rush hour (or when it's very busy).

I've driven on motorways before, but I just feel like the M25 is very different (yes, I know that sounds silly)

Thank you
MusicGamer
Rep:
?
(Original post by Themysticalegg)
The M25 is the best road in the UK. I would say once the signs say 60 I would expect there to be a queue a few miles down the road which will grind to about 10mph eventually. :rofl: My favourite section is actually Leatherhead to Heathrow. The M25 is littered with speed cameras everywhere so never speed not that you should anyway.

On a serious note if you're not comfortable sit in the left lane a lot, until you get used to the beast that is the M25. Good luck!
Haha I’ll take your word for that!

Will definitely be sticking to the left! I’m hoping it won’t be too bad, I’m only going a few junctions

Thank you
RedGiant
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Watch out for speed cameras, especially the average speed cameras. Although let's be honest, it's the M25, there'll probably be too much traffic to worry about them.
MusicGamer
Rep:
?
(Original post by RedGiant)
Watch out for speed cameras, especially the average speed cameras. Although let's be honest, it's the M25, there'll probably be too much traffic to worry about them.
Haha the traffic is my main worry! The only time I’ve driven on a motorway was early on Boxing Day when there was literally no one about!

Thank you
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's not that bad. Just like any road expect everyone to be dicks and watch out for people doing dumb stuff.
TajwarC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Thank you
M25 is my least favorite motorway. If you're going during rush hour its pretty easy to drive down, just be in the correct lane well before you need to exit (I think for Thorpe Park is J11)
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Watch out for the emu
storm95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The big red speed signs that change are real. Stick to them otherwise you’ll get caught speeding. Other than that it’s just a very simply busy motorway with 4/5 lanes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (525)
59.39%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.37%

Watched Threads