Should I go to their birthday party? Watch

OkDan_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Basically, a girl from my year asked me if I wanted to attend to her 15th birthday. It's on Saturday, 29th June. The thing is though, I'm not that CLOSE with her. At break times, I'm usually alone. At lunchtime, I sit with her and her group of friends, but I don't contribute to their conversation, so, sometimes I feel like a burden. Obviously, her group of friends will attend to the party, and I don't even talk to them.

To me, I think it wouldn't make a huge difference if I did attend to her or not because it's not like I'm going to talk to anyone there. Also, I'm an introvert, therefore, I tend to avoid any types of social events.

In my head, I'm debating whether I should go not.

I want to say no because I don't enjoy parties, don't really like her group of friends etc.

At the same time, I do feel obliged to say yes because I don't want to hurt her feelings...

Should I attend to the party or not?
I have to tell her by tomorrow anyways.
username4573738
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
it'll be a nice day out tbh and she invited you even though you've said 'youre not that close'
tyurgud5
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
dude just go it will probably make her happy
(Original post by OkDan_)
Basically, a girl from my year asked me if I wanted to attend to her 15th birthday. It's on Saturday, 29th June. The thing is though, I'm not that CLOSE with her. At break times, I'm usually alone. At lunchtime, I sit with her and her group of friends, but I don't contribute to their conversation, so, sometimes I feel like a burden. Obviously, her group of friends will attend to the party, and I don't even talk to them.

To me, I think it wouldn't make a huge difference if I did attend to her or not because it's not like I'm going to talk to anyone there. Also, I'm an introvert, therefore, I tend to avoid any types of social events.

I want to say no because I don't enjoy parties, don't really like her group of friends etc.

At the same time, I do feel obliged to say yes because I don't want to hurt her feelings...

sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Go. This is the perfect opportunity for you to turn things around and set the gears in motion to establish a social life. School is a lot more bearable when you have friends.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by OkDan_)

wow, just go, maybe try and have a conversation with her mates! Im sure if u get more involved in socially interacting with people it will become enjoyable and feel more natural.

Parties around this age start to become a lot more fun, trust me when i say you don't want to miss out on the parties happening at this sort of age, year 11-13 house parties are some of my best memories growing up...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (112)
58.33%
No (80)
41.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise