how do i stop being insecure Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i get reaaaaally insecure when my man compliments girls in front of me who look like me. he doesnt say it to them, he says it to me.

he's always saying x girl looks good or this girl is hot etc to me. dont get me wrong he compliments me A LOT too but i could do with this whole not checking out and admiring other girls around me because as much as i am confident and love women and try not to be bitter or insecure, it really does bring out ugly feelings in me which id rather not have. i dont want to talk to him about it because i know he's just going to think i'm being extra and insecure but i genuinely dont like it

how can i get over it?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
He shouldn't be doing that in the first place - it's disrespectful. By all means check out other women but he shouldn't be then relaying his thoughts to you. You'd be better off talking about it - and sooner rather than later. Those feelings of insecurity aren't just going to go away by themselves and the longer you put it off the worse you're going to feel.
-Quava-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There's nothing wrong about the way you feel about the situation.
Your partner shouldn't be bringing these 'ugly feelings.'
It's his fault. Confront him.
(Original post by Anonymous)
i get reaaaaally insecure when my man compliments girls in front of me who look like me. he doesnt say it to them, he says it to me.

he's always saying x girl looks good or this girl is hot etc to me. dont get me wrong he compliments me A LOT too but i could do with this whole not checking out and admiring other girls around me because as much as i am confident and love women and try not to be bitter or insecure, it really does bring out ugly feelings in me which id rather not have. i dont want to talk to him about it because i know he's just going to think i'm being extra and insecure but i genuinely dont like it

how can i get over it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.67%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (524)
59.34%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.38%

Watched Threads