Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know this University gets put down alot but it's usually only from those who are attending the traditional universities.

This is a 2008 article. Have a read: http://www.wlv.ac.uk/Default.aspx?page=16601

When i visited the campus it looked very nice. I have read the report about the student who sued for £30,000 due to poor lectures and teaching but I have been assured by the university that nothing like this goes on anymore.

It's the person that makes their degree valuable. If you want to be the top student, in any university, you have to dedicate alot of time to study and be prepeared to study outside the box. I personally ignore the people putting ex-poly's down and tend to focus on what I am doing and not what they think. There have been many students from traditional universities that can't get jobs, on the opposite scale there are a number of students from ex-polys who go on to get decent jobs.

Forget the idiots. Its your future.

ReputationRep:
    wolverhampton?...i was born there! dunno about the university though, isn't it meant to be one of the worst in the country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poldev)
    wolverhampton?...i was born there! dunno about the university though, isn't it meant to be one of the worst in the country?
    It is at the bottom of the leauge tables yes, but the IT department is one of it's assets. I have spoke to alot of people doing IT related courses and they say it's great. I cannot comment on the other courses.

ReputationRep:
    My friend went there to do film studies, during lectures half the class would just go to the pub to get drunk and lecturers didn't even bother turning up some times. He said he wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

At the end of the day a degree is a degree, could always advance to do a masters at a more prestigious uni if you're successful enough.

Pound a pint night on Tuesdays at Royal and Thursday at Varsity though :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaSPLuNK!)
    My friend went there to do film studies, during lectures half the class would just go to the pub to get drunk and lecturers didn't even bother turning up some times. He said he wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

At the end of the day a degree is a degree, could always advance to do a masters at a more prestigious uni if you're successful enough.

Pound a pint night on Tuesdays at Royal and Thursday at Varsity though :top:
    If i do get any problems with the University I will just take em to court because it is my money they are wasting. I will transfer the next year to Aston.

I am not putting up with that.

ReputationRep:
    it was film studies.... speaks for itself! that kind of subject doesn't exactly need much teaching does it. Ive just finished my first year and haven't had any problems, I love the uni, so all the people with a problem should get their facts right and not just go on elitist league tables and stuck up peoples opinions.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 13, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.