The Student Room Group

John Lewis & Partners - Group assessment

Scroll to see replies

Original post by science_geeks
*Update* Hey guys! Thank you so much to everyone for their advice with interview help, I got the job!! So excited :smile: @DrawTheLine @cheesecakelove

@captainfuntimes - have you heard back yet? I'm sure you've got the job too!! :smile:

Congrats! Good luck with your new job :biggrin:
Original post by DrawTheLine
Congrats! Good luck with your new job :biggrin:

Original post by cheesecakelove
Congratulations! Hope all goes well in your new role :h:

Thank you so much!! :smile:
I didn't get the job :frown: Their loss! :smile: bloody picky! :angry:All the best with your new role at John Lewis- congratulations!
*Update* Hey guys! Thank you so much to everyone for their advice with interview help, I got the job!! So excited :smile: @DrawTheLine @cheesecakelove

@captainfuntimes - have you heard back yet? I'm sure you've got the job too!! :smile:
Original post by captainfuntimes
I didn't get the job :frown: Their loss! :smile: bloody picky! :angry:All the best with your new role at John Lewis- congratulations!

So so hard/tough to get in so feel really proud! :smile:

Oh no, so sorry to hear that! Don't worry, I'm sure there are plenty more opportunities. Thank you so much! The interview I think was the hardest part for me, is that where you also struggled? Good luck with anymore job applications and if you need any help please message! :smile:
Yeah the one-to-one interview was super tough. What did you do to pass that?
Oh no, so sorry to hear that! Don't worry, I'm sure there are plenty more opportunities. Thank you so much! The interview I think was the hardest part for me, is that where you also struggled? Good luck with anymore job applications and if you need any help please message! :smile:
Yeah the one-to-one interview was super tough. What did you do to pass that?

So sorry for the delay in replying! I was away on holiday, but I completely agree the 1:1's can be really tricky especially if you have a strict/tougher interviewer..

I think generally what I try do is look up typical questions that the company have a tendency of asking by doing a google search or asking on here and try brainstorm what I might say as responses to those questions and try check that they're also matching what other people say. I'd say other than that, just be yourself! I know its really nerve-wracking but try stay calm because I'm sure your interviewer would've done something similar to you before too!! Good luck with any future job applications! :smile:
So sorry for the delay in replying! I was away on holiday, but I completely agree the 1:1's can be really tricky especially if you have a strict/tougher interviewer..

I think generally what I try do is look up typical questions that the company have a tendency of asking by doing a google search or asking on here and try brainstorm what I might say as responses to those questions and try check that they're also matching what other people say. I'd say other than that, just be yourself! I know its really nerve-wracking but try stay calm because I'm sure your interviewer would've done something similar to you before too!! Good luck with any future job applications! :smile:

Thanks- I eventually got more detailed feedback but your advice also helps :smile:
Thanks- I eventually got more detailed feedback but your advice also helps :smile:

Ah, glad you managed to get some feedback and best of luck with any future applications! :smile:

Hi, what questions and scenarios were asked during the group and 1:1 interview?
Original post by Still Sy

Hi the scenarios are always different tbh, I'd recommend that you sort of make sure you know what good customer services looks like ( I know that sounds obvs, but you'll be surprised at how differently that comes across!) I can't remember the questions exactly, but they were more personal questions so things like what are you ambitions and aspirations and what's the proudest achievement. Good luck with your application! :smile:
Original post by Still Sy

I would say also apply to other jobs and not pin all your hopes on John Lewis & Partners as they are really picky! But all the best and good luck :smile:
I would say also apply to other jobs and not pin all your hopes on John Lewis & Partners as they are really picky! But all the best and good luck :smile:

Great idea @captainfuntimes, I also applied to more than one place but best of luck!! :smile:
Hi the scenarios are always different tbh, I'd recommend that you sort of make sure you know what good customer services looks like ( I know that sounds obvs, but you'll be surprised at how differently that comes across!) I can't remember the questions exactly, but they were more personal questions so things like what are you ambitions and aspirations and what's the proudest achievement. Good luck with your application! :smile:

Also- advice when you do get into any retail job is really value the weekdays you will have off as a trade off for working weekends. I use mine to regularly do bowling, meeting for drinks, volunteering doing something completely different etc...
(edited 4 years ago)
Also- advice when you do get into any retail job is really value the weekdays you will have off as a trade off for working weekends. I use mine to regularly do bowling, meeting for drinks, volunteering doing something completely different etc...

That's so true, I definitely feel it a lot now.. after a busy weekday studying I do notice that I have no time on the weekend and then it's all repeated! Thank you for the idea, I will try and make sure that I include some fun things to do in the week :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending