Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How best is it to structure your essays??

Sould it be:

Intro: Sentence telling people what the main body of essay wil be about.
    Then followed by paragraph of AO1, just statements and some studies that fall in line with that.
    Followed by a sort of 'On the otherhand' paragpah, where you look at the opposing factors and anlyse the studies you mentioned eralier and bring up new ones that oppose it and show that it might be wrong or dissproved. Then add a few more sentences with stuides that do support the main point.
    Keep doing this till you're used up your AO1 and AO2 to anaylse it with.
    Then sort of a closing paragraph that is not a conclusion, but sort of gives the essay some cohesion.

So....for Enviromental stressors.

Would you state what Ambient stressors are and some examples eg: Crowding and Temp.
    Then go into more detail on temp, talk about Anderson, Baron and Bell, Kenrick and McFarlane.
    Then fo into what these guys say in more detail, like compare Baron and bell with Halpern's inverted-U. Bring up other stuff as well like Cohn and Rotten, Cohen and Felson and Moghaddam. But don't just bring up the studies for no apparent reason, otherwise that you know they are AO2, but more as a responc to the calims yout made in the opening AO1 paragraphs, so it fels as though you are anaylisng the studies.

Or is it a good idea, to say a study then the AO2, and keep doing that.

what is the best way?

ReputationRep:
    man how many studies do u have?!
    i say a study and then say the ao2 cos otherwise i forget to do some stuff and it confsuese me lol

ReputationRep:
    i just go straight into it without an intro
    i suppose the body of it really depends on what its about and how many theories/sections there are...
    and a concluding sentence/2 sentences
    just as long as you get all the stuff in really!

ReputationRep:
    What the above posters said, but just remember to balance A01 and A02.

I'm probably gonna do A01, like a theory or something, then try and "A02" it in the following paragraph, and keep going like that throughout the essay, then a general evaluation at the end, followed by a conclusion.

I'm probably gonna do an introduction too, just depends how I feel/what the questions are/time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 9, 2008

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.