The Student Room Group

Am I pregnant?

So Wednesday I took my last pill on my pack around 12am so basically thursday morning and had sex a few minutes after taking it. I didn't have sex on thursday nor Friday. Got a represcription on Saturday in which I then took 3 pills at once followed by one on Sunday as normal. On Saturday night when I took the 3 pills, I had sex in which he came and Sunday morning I took the pill.
I've been taking the pill everyday now without missing it.
What are my chances of being pregnant?
Original post by Anonymous
So Wednesday I took my last pill on my pack around 12am so basically thursday morning and had sex a few minutes after taking it. I didn't have sex on thursday nor Friday. Got a represcription on Saturday in which I then took 3 pills at once followed by one on Sunday as normal. On Saturday night when I took the 3 pills, I had sex in which he came and Sunday morning I took the pill.

You have to take the pill correctly for 7 days in order to be protected. You didn't do this therefore you aren't protected from pregnancy. Taking 3 pills at once does not make up for the fact that you didn't take pills for the previous 2 days.

The chances of pregnancy are higher because of this. In 2 weeks, you should take a pregnancy test. And until you've taken 7 pills (7 days) correctly (same time, not missing any) you should also use condoms.
Reply 2
I've been taking my pills back to back with no break at all and this is the only time i've missed two days of the pill and i didn't have sex on thursday and friday apart from that night on wednesday when i took the pill then had sex right after. I always assumed the pill changes the lining of your uterus and thickens the mucus to stop sperms from coming through and Saturday I went and took 3 around 1-2pm.
After that I've been taking the pill normally.
Also do you HAVE to take it the same time everyday or just make sure you're taking it everyday?
Thank you for your help!
Original post by DrawTheLine
You have to take the pill correctly for 7 days in order to be protected. You didn't do this therefore you aren't protected from pregnancy. Taking 3 pills at once does not make up for the fact that you didn't take pills for the previous 2 days.

The chances of pregnancy are higher because of this. In 2 weeks, you should take a pregnancy test. And until you've taken 7 pills (7 days) correctly (same time, not missing any) you should also use condoms.
I've been taking my pills back to back with no break at all and this is the only time i've missed two days of the pill and i didn't have sex on thursday and friday apart from that night on wednesday when i took the pill then had sex right after. I always assumed the pill changes the lining of your uterus and thickens the mucus to stop sperms from coming through and Saturday I went and took 3 around 1-2pm.
After that I've been taking the pill normally.
Also do you HAVE to take it the same time everyday or just make sure you're taking it everyday?
Thank you for your help!

What pill are you on - mini or combined?

It doesn't matter if this is the first time you've missed two pills - you missed two pills and that's more than enough to make you no longer protected. It only takes 1 missed pill for your protection to be compromised. Taking 3 pills at once does not make up for this.

Yes the pill does make the lining of your uterus inhospitable for an embryo and it does thicken the mucous around your cervix. Some pills also prevent ovulation.

You need to take it the same time every day. With most pills you get a 12 hour window, but for others it can be as little as 3 hours. However, the longer you wait to take your pill, the pill does lose some effectiveness. It is most effective taken at the same time everyday.
Reply 4
I take Cilique which is combined. I've been taking them back-to-back without having my period. I'm so worried because before i've missed 1 pill and took two the next day when I had sex about 3 times now and when i took a pregnancy test it always came back negative.
Because now its my first time i've missed 2, I'm worried that why I overdosed and took 3 despite people telling me not to do this because of the symptoms associated with doing so. I did feel tired with terrible headaches but felt better the next day after I got some rest. Then first thing in the morning when I woke up I took the sunday pill and then monday around the same time in the morning as well as today.]
I'm hoping I'm fine, its a stupid mistake I made because I left it till last minute to get a represcription so now im freaking out because I have holidays coming up and if I find out I am pregnant it will ruin my holidays because I would want it to hurry up so that im in the UK to seek help.
What pill are you on - mini or combined?

It doesn't matter if this is the first time you've missed two pills - you missed two pills and that's more than enough to make you no longer protected. It only takes 1 missed pill for your protection to be compromised. Taking 3 pills at once does not make up for this.

Yes the pill does make the lining of your uterus inhospitable for an embryo and it does thicken the mucous around your cervix. Some pills also prevent ovulation.

You need to take it the same time every day. With most pills you get a 12 hour window, but for others it can be as little as 3 hours. However, the longer you wait to take your pill, the pill does lose some effectiveness. It is most effective taken at the same time everyday.
I take Cilique which is combined. I've been taking them back-to-back without having my period. I'm so worried because before i've missed 1 pill and took two the next day when I had sex about 3 times now and when i took a pregnancy test it always came back negative.
Because now its my first time i've missed 2, I'm worried that why I overdosed and took 3 despite people telling me not to do this because of the symptoms associated with doing so. I did feel tired with terrible headaches but felt better the next day after I got some rest. Then first thing in the morning when I woke up I took the sunday pill and then monday around the same time in the morning as well as today.]
I'm hoping I'm fine, its a stupid mistake I made because I left it till last minute to get a represcription so now im freaking out because I have holidays coming up and if I find out I am pregnant it will ruin my holidays because I would want it to hurry up so that im in the UK to seek help.

You are supposed to have a break with the combined pill. Be aware that not having a break could make you bleed at random times as your body needs to have a bleed. Try not to take more than 2 packets back-to-back. It can mess with your body and hormones to take them continuously. If you don't want to have periods, you could swap to the mini pill

Typically, if you miss a pill you are supposed to take the next one when you remember even if that means taking 2 in one day. However if you remember more than 12 hours late you will no longer be protected.

Use condoms for the next 7 days to make sure you are protected. Hopefully being scared will make you more vigilant with getting your prescriptions and taking your pills on time. Set an alarm so that you remember to take it the same time every day.
Reply 6
I dont know.. i just hate not knowing the outcome until i take the test. Thats why im asking earlier if I've messed up and I'm likely to . be pregnant lol :frown:
You are supposed to have a break with the combined pill. Be aware that not having a break could make you bleed at random times as your body needs to have a bleed. Try not to take more than 2 packets back-to-back. It can mess with your body and hormones to take them continuously. If you don't want to have periods, you could swap to the mini pill

Typically, if you miss a pill you are supposed to take the next one when you remember even if that means taking 2 in one day. However if you remember more than 12 hours late you will no longer be protected.

Use condoms for the next 7 days to make sure you are protected. Hopefully being scared will make you more vigilant with getting your prescriptions and taking your pills on time. Set an alarm so that you remember to take it the same time every day.
I dont know.. i just hate not knowing the outcome until i take the test. Thats why im asking earlier if I've messed up and I'm likely to . be pregnant lol :frown:

We can only speculate. Yes there's a chance you could be, but whenever you have sex no matter how protected you are there's always a chance. Just use condoms in the mean time and remember to take your pill correctly.
Reply 8

its been 9 months, u had a baby yet
Reply 9
Original post by lfs_04_
its been 9 months, u had a baby yet

nope phew

Quick Reply

Latest